Belly Button Pain after Bladder Removal Surgery - Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
Pandarian

It has been 5 months now since bladder removal surgery...had a CT scan yesterday and urine collected through stoma catheterization. Everything good news. Now today I'm having pain in and above my belly button. My cancer center is 4 hours from me...as well as my urologist, surgeon, and oncologist. What could this be????

Tickpol

What's the level of pain (0-10)?

Is it on the surface or deeper?

Is it constant and if not, when does it hurt more?

I know it sounds stupid, but have you sneezed in the meantime?

You could just be having a cramp, it happens.

You might also have broken an adhesion. Sometimes it's a quick pain that goes away relatively soon, and sometimes it's a dull pain that gets worse with movement and lessens when you don't move. It's the difference between a snap and a tear. Nothing you can do about either, but knowing helps.

Dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

I know nothing about situations similar to yours, Pandarian but I thought Dave's offerings would be very helpful to you.

Wish you a very quick solution.

Mike

Bill

Hello Pandarian.

I see you have already had some useful replies but I thought I would thrown in my own thoughts as well.

It has been 7 months since my heart surgery and only recently have I been having similar pains to those you describe. My own assessment of my own pain is that it is probably due to the scar tissue still in the process of healing. Ocasionally it is complicated (AND EXACERBATED) by something I have done (OR OVERDONE) as it gradually gets back to a 'normal' level of pain after I have strained something. My doctors are quite close by but I am still reluctant to visit them for this because The reasons for the pain seem fairly obvious and I tend to be averse to appointments unless they become absolutely necessary. However, a word of caution about my comments:

In retrospect, I did think I left the heart pains, literally to the last minute before I sought advice from the experts. Fortunately, they kept me in hospital and did the triple bypass operation immediately, otherwise I PROBABLY WOULD NOT BE REPLYING TO YOUR POST NOW. 

The moral being that : If you are concerned about your pains, then it would be as well to get professional advice  to put your mind at rest.

Best wishes

Bill

iMacG5

So now it's my turn to agree with Bill.  I know at 79 I can't do what I regularly did at 59 and I accept that.  Sometimes I forget and hurt myself to the extent of a slight hernia. Regardless of age, my doctors were emphatic in their advice to address pain sooner than later.  A couple times, attempting to prove to myself how strong I am, I allowed my pain to get too severe for the simple Tylenol or Advil remedy and that's not good.  The only thing that proved was being strong was less powerful than being stupid.

Respectfully,

Mike

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Pandarian

Thanks everyone! I have an appointment with my general practitioner on Monday