Opinions on Remicade for wound infection during COVID?

Replies
Views
Puppypug

So it's been a tough couple of weeks. I have a wound infection (ppg). Arrrgh, the pain was unbelievable!! Had to see an ostomy nurse, dermatologist, and my GP in the last few weeks. On Flagyl, a large amount of Pentasa, and wound ointment. The doctor mentioned Remicade, which I was on years ago, but I'm a little scared with this COVID virus. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks!!

Puppyluv56

Wow,

That is a lot to go through. Ask your doctor about a Remicade injection versus infusion if that becomes your best treatment.
Or home infusion. Just some options with all this Covid stuff.

Hope you are on the mend!

Puppyluv

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

Wow,

That is a lot to go through. Ask your doctor about a Remicade injection versus infusion if that becomes your best treatment option.
Or home infusion. Just some options with all this Covid stuff.

Hope you are on the mend!

Puppyluv

Cplumber

What type of ostomy?
What type of wound? Open wound from surgery or an abscess or fistula?

Are you still in pain?

Past Member

If all wound management techniques fail, consider hyperbaric oxygen therapy - see my forum post on this topic. My surgical wound took two and a half years to close, but it would never have closed without HBOT. You may or may not be a candidate for this, but it's worth asking about.

Laurie

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
dadnabbit

Puppy pug

I have found that Anacept by Anacapa Technologies is a very efficient wound gel to control infection. It is a clear, greaseless topical gel that I have used whenever I have any kind of skin rash or wound. If the irritation is around the stoma, when I change my appliance, I will first apply this over the clean dry skin. Then after allowing a short moment for a bit of absorption, I will wipe the area dry before applying the skin barrier wipe and then the seal if you use one and then the bag. This has always cleared up any issues within 2-3 days. It is available through Anacapa Technologies directly. Good luck with the infection.

Peace

Dadnabbit

Puppypug

Hi. Thank you for your information. I will look into that. Thanks again.

Puppypug

Hey, thank you so much for the information. I see my ostomy nurse on Tuesday. I will ask her about it!