Trouble with Barrier Strip Application - Need Advice!

Replies
Views
xnine
Aug 19, 2020 6:08 pm

I cannot seem to get them on straight. One side is on OK and the other is off the mark, not even touching the barrier. Do you stand up, sit down, or lay down? Maybe just get my helper.

Thanks

iMacG5
Aug 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Hey X, I stand and use a magnifying mirror.  Not perfect but I guess we're still learning.

Good luck,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

looking forward
Aug 19, 2020 7:46 pm

What mark? Are you talking about the strips used outside of the barrier that is adhered to the skin? If so, I use them also and just wing it by feel.

Daanders
Aug 19, 2020 7:49 pm

I can't do it by myself. I have a helper. Which is restricting.

Puppyluv56
Aug 19, 2020 10:51 pm

I have a huge mirror in the bathroom that I just look at or just look down moving the pouch out of the side I work on. It does not have to be perfect. At least touching all around the edge of the outside barrier and your skin.
pup

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Play
xnine
Sep 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Ok, all you have to do is read the instructions. You do not take all the backing off. I just take the small one off and place it, then remove the other piece of backing and lay it on. Easy peasy.