Trouble with Barrier Strip Application - Need Advice!

Replies
Views
xnine

I cannot seem to get them on straight. One side is on OK and the other is off the mark, not even touching the barrier. Do you stand up, sit down, or lay down? Maybe just get my helper.

Thanks

iMacG5

Hey X, I stand and use a magnifying mirror.  Not perfect but I guess we're still learning.

Good luck,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

looking forward

What mark? Are you talking about the strips used outside of the barrier that is adhered to the skin? If so, I use them also and just wing it by feel.

Daanders

I can't do it by myself. I have a helper. Which is restricting.

Puppyluv56

I have a huge mirror in the bathroom that I just look at or just look down moving the pouch out of the side I work on. It does not have to be perfect. At least touching all around the edge of the outside barrier and your skin.
pup

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

Ok, all you have to do is read the instructions. You do not take all the backing off. I just take the small one off and place it, then remove the other piece of backing and lay it on. Easy peasy.