Looking for Ostomy Undergarments: Comfortable, Discreet, and Stylish?

Replies
Views
Scuba_diver1972

I have had my ileostomy, not to be confused with colostomy, which is less messy than an ileostomy, for over 5 years now. I am yet to find a line of underwear, belts, or intimacy garments that firstly, feel comfortable, secondly prevent my bag from showing when filling like a watermelon bulge, and look in any way aesthetically pleasing or don't let my fanny hang out... I'm a designer and I've purchased a whopping 3 hernia/belt or underwearish somethings that are just all wrong, and I resort to pregnancy bands. So I have a lot of reservations when in the moment of rapture just fizzle out from being so self-conscious about the ordeal. Is my bag going to leak? Can they smell anything? Ouch, this is really uncomfortable, and oops, the poops! Please send me some feedback so I can get some design ideas to the drafting table for all of us and any concerns if you already own these, a link or name to get us back on the saddle again, or plainly have sex and not feel so worried...!

I have a feeling I'm not the only one that wished there was a company exclusively devoted to developing intimacy products for ostomy patients!

Feel free to get as specific as possible. The devil's in the details when it comes to each individual person, and that's what makes a great fitting piece!

Uro2011

Ostomysecrets.com has a great selection of lace female lingerie. I've shopped there for men's clothing and women have way more of a selection for the bedroom. Good luck! :)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

Nightingale Medical Supplies in Canada has some undergarments. People also talk about Ostomy Secrets. I wear a maternity band or a bandeau.

Ritz

I have taken apart a simple fitted silky long top and made the neckline fall below my breasts yet be fitted on my waist. I fold my ileostomy bag up and tape it so it's not draping out. Sexy, alluring and very comfortable for me. As far as panties...one size larger to pull up and my bag can tuck in. High sides and front. I prefer thong though.
Good luck. I'm not a designer, so you have a better edge than me...but I can sew. Let me know your ideas. As far as the sounds...put on music.

Superme

Hi Scuba! Check out Stealth Belt.

They have a variety of neat coverings. I have been using them for years. Not only good for sports and blowout protection but also for intimacy. Let me know what you think?

Mike

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob

Oh come on girls...........we need to see pics...........to ummmmm better understand the problem. Yeah, that's it.

;0)

Bob

kstyle

K

w30bob

Hey....ya can't blame me for trying!

;0)

Bob

Vickivan22

Stealth belts are the best. Comfortable and supportive. They have adjustable and flip-on style with a really nice lace slip-on hood for intimate situations. They are expensive but worth it.

Riva

Hi:

As a Floridian as well, products from Ostomy Secrets may be the answer you're looking for. Beaching, boating, intimacy, active lifestyle - it's all there. Let us know what you think.

JudiA

Hi, I have an ileo and failed J pouch - but one way or the other, I have had a bag off and on since '89. I had the idea to have a stretch lace belt that had a holster of sorts for the bag. I am not a seamstress, but I thought it could be done and come in colors as well. Being a western sort of gal, I thought it a cute idea.

Judi

Capo Vito

I agree. As a guy, I'm not sure of the different challenges a lady may face, but Ostomysecrets has great products for men. nbsp

kstyle

I guess not.....

sunasea

Stealth belt may work, I'm a guy and it's probably easier for me than you.

w30bob

Capo,

I checked out Ostomy Secrets... and it looks like everything they have is for a stoma below the beltline, other than a wrap.   Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Bob

Ritz

I looked as well. I was hoping for a high above the belly button thong or sexy one...not a granny pantie style.  

w30bob

Yeah, I only enjoy wearing the thong style as well.   I truly enjoy the feeling of having a string up my ass!   Oooh....I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it!!

:0)

Bob

Panko

Check out

"Purple Wings" "Stoma in a tea cup"

Both UK sites but mainly women who

strip off every year down to their undies

for a photo shoot for a calendar for charity!

They wear great "apple catcher" knickers!

yanceydelrio

Scuba, look on Etsy. They have a lot of ostomy cover ups.