Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Meet and greet

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.
hello all you lovelies i say lets try to make this work surely a jamboree with all our wonderful minds together im sure this plan for us all to meet is doable a big camping ground i mean it would take some time to plan it  do we have any volonteers to discuss this and plan it gus you were a driver we must have someone with travel experience someone retired with time on their hands would make a great project we could plan for next summer bring our families get hollister convectec to put up a tent show us new items would be great business for them clothing  great advertising for our cause let people know were here maybe im just crazy maybe for once i would like to be around people like me for a change exchange funny stories something like stand up comedy i bet wed be good at it just a thought
These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 am
I'm game! Smile
Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 am
yeah, count me in, have credit card card with f### off limit so the whole world is available to me...
Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:12 am
Game without the funds but can always save if given enough notice! xx
Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 am

lottagelady wrote:
Game without the funds but can always save if given enough notice! xx

save? what's that when it's at home?

I'm just going to run up a huge debt and rely on me becoming  'too big to fail' and being bailed out by the government and then paying myself a huge bonus for not making the overdraft any bigger even though by paying myself a huge bonus will make the overdraft bigger. It's all legal and above board as well.

Isn't capitalism great, I ###king love it
Gus
Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:35 am
Well I reckon I could talk the Mrs into saving for it,, maybe she would wanna come along. All I need to kniow is where it wil be and who wants to meet lil ole me hehehe
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 am

Lobster wrote:

save? what's that when it's at home?

I'm just going to run up a huge debt and rely on me becoming  'too big to fail' and being bailed out by the government and then paying myself a huge bonus for not making the overdraft any bigger even though by paying myself a huge bonus will make the overdraft bigger. It's all legal and above board as well.

Isn't capitalism great, I ###king love it

Ummm.... want to be my financial advisor then? You would have to do it for nowt mind! Since I've been unable to work now have no means of running up a huge debt anymore... grrrrrrrrrrr xx
Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 pm
oh yeah that's right, ...it takes money...what's that?  
I've got TONS of Monopoly money! Very Happy  ...wonder how far that will go...............
If I have enough time I might be able to figure something out, depending on where the meet-up is.....wanna start meeting my friends!!  hugs

~Your Doe
Past Member
Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:50 pm
We should call it a family reunion. May need a year or two to plan.
Except this girl can't camp. Yall can camp? Really? Must be nice!

My pouch has allowed me to do many things. But this short gut syndrome girl can't walk in the dark, drunk trying to empty her pouch in the woods! haha!

Last edited by Past Member on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 pm
I'm with you there - camping isn't the ideal thing for a lot of us - I for one would require a proper bed and en-suite facilities! xx
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 pm
I have the greatest respect  & admiration for all the people who post on these Forums & I occasionally reply to, we have all been through a lot , or  are still on that journey.

However , I cant think of anything more boring than meeting Ostomates  En-Masse. I used to have a work colleague who also had a Urostomy, we probably mentioned, maybe ,once a month . We didnt let the world revolve around our Incapacity.

You want to go to an Airshow? no probs I'm with you, 4x4 off roading, visit a museum,go & watch a Rock band????I'm with you!

Want to meet a lot of other Ostomates---Not for me thanks .I've got other things to do , & need to get on.

Meet Ostomates ! No prob , via my key board & over the Ether----

But thats as far as it goes........... No disrespect...Not for me thanks!!
Past Member
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm
I feel ya. I don't even go the UOAA conferences.  Hell, I haven't seen my own family in 2 years so that would take priority.
But if anyone is in NC look me up. I'll hang out with you.
Gus
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:59 pm

vulcanBMk2 wrote:
I have the greatest respect  & admiration for all the people who post on these Forums & I occasionally reply to, we have all been through a lot , or  are still on that journey.

However , I cant think of anything more boring than meeting Ostomates  En-Masse. I used to have a work colleague who also had a Urostomy, we probably mentioned, maybe ,once a month . We didnt let the world revolve around our Incapacity.

You want to go to an Airshow? no probs I'm with you, 4x4 off roading, visit a museum,go & watch a Rock band????I'm with you!

Want to meet a lot of other Ostomates---Not for me thanks .I've got other things to do , & need to get on.

Meet Ostomates ! No prob , via my key board & over the Ether----

But thats as far as it goes........... No disrespect...Not for me thanks!!

And here I was hoping to wear my dads cravatte and hunting jacket and rub shouldwers with da vulcan. Now you just blew those pklans out of the water. tsk tsk,,The Horror of it all. lol,,

PS oh I do respect your reasoning,, I,m jus wundering who I'll drink with now?

And for the non camping drunken poo bag emptyin,, I could use my Aussie ingenuity and work something out ,, so camping could be in for all of yas,, but I did enough of that in da army. Hotel sounds good though lol
Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:05 pm
I don't have much intestine left in me either...but I'm a little Pagan girl what can I say lol  my needs don't stop me from doin' nuttin, my needs to be in nature far outweigh my ostomy needs.....but that's just me.      I love camping and hiking around in the forest and swimming in lakes and rivers ..but I like doing lots of other things too.. SmileSmile   BUT...not everyone has the same idea of fun, and that's cool...not everyone likes to do the same stuff....that's ok.

I was just telling one of my friends how anxious I am to have green grass to lay on again down by my fire pit so I can fall asleep under the stars with a saggy toasted marshmellow hanging of my stick lol  ...warm nights....and floating in my kayak.....O'boy I cannot wait!!   ........as for Meet and Greet....this is new to me, as most of you know I've been the mouse hiding in the shadows and little miss anti-social to a very unhealthy degree ....Hell, look how long it's taken me to hook up with other ostomates!!  I've had my ostomy almost 34 years and this site has brought me connections I've NEVER had with other ostomates! SmileSmileSmile    

I love my friends so much and have really bonded with a few ....and there is one who has really inspired me to become social, in fact, that particular friend is straightening my butt out in many ways and setting me on a much better track in life......I don't want to back up with progress, don't want to 'run away' anymore...no more hiding. SmileSmile  

Well, if we get a chance to meet one day, that will be very nice, and maybe it will be somewhere that is convenient and comfortable for everyone...

~Love from your Doe
Gus
Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:14 pm

WOUNDED DOE wrote:
I don't have much intestine left in me either...but I'm a little Pagan girl what can I say lol  my needs don't stop me from doin' nuttin, my needs to be in nature far outweigh my ostomy needs.....but that's just me.      I love camping and hiking around in the forest and swimming in lakes and rivers ..but I like doing lots of other things too.. SmileSmile   BUT...not everyone has the same idea of fun, and that's cool...not everyone likes to do the same stuff....that's ok.

I was just telling one of my friends how anxious I am to have green grass to lay on again down by my fire pit so I can fall asleep under the stars with a saggy toasted marshmellow hanging of my stick lol  ...warm nights....and floating in my kayak.....O'boy I cannot wait!!   ........as for Meet and Greet....this is new to me, as most of you know I've been the mouse hiding in the shadows and little miss anti-social to a very unhealthy degree ....Hell, look how long it's taken me to hook up with other ostomates!!  I've had my ostomy almost 34 years and this site has brought me connections I've NEVER had with other ostomates! SmileSmileSmile     

I love my friends so much and have really bonded with a few ....and there is one who has really inspired me to become social, in fact, that particular friend is straightening my butt out in many ways and setting me on a much better track in life......I don't want to back up with progress, don't want to 'run away' anymore...no more hiding. SmileSmile  

Well, if we get a chance to meet one day, that will be very nice, and maybe it will be somewhere that is convenient and comfortable for everyone...

~Love from your Doe

Yanno Doe,, sleepin under the stars and kayaking (after falling in many times tillight) sounds ideal. Wish I could experiance that without the bloody ants and spideys we have here. Anyway,, I too would love to meet some of our friends,, just where would we hold it?. Tuscany,, Spain??, Gibralta?? Hawaii, my back yard??? lol/

Oh and little mouse,, you have to come along I really want to meet you ,,
Past Member
Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm
Hi Gang

I figured i would jump in here and put in my two cents. Hence I havent been camping since my Delaware Watergap days 20 years ago, and must admit it was fun and would try it again, and I live in New York City for gods sake. I do remember an episode on the TV series MASH were the families chose a Hotel and and their families met to get to know one another. Maybe we can try something like that in some neutral city that is close and all can attend. It might be fun and I can finally meet some of My Ostomate friends that I met on this site over the years.
Past Member
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:42 pm
i'm game too!  Smile

!--Session data--
Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 am
YAAAY!!  We're getting some fun campers together!!  Whoo HOO!!  Very Happy
Gus
Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 am
Ok what about somehwere neutral, like on the border of Canada and the US??
Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:56 am

Gus wrote:
Ok what about somehwere neutral, like on the border of Canada and the US??

Switzerland is the most neutral, oh sorry...

US/Canada border sounds good. Will the tents all be en suite?
Gus
Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:20 am
Of course the will Lobster, his and hers buckets lmao
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 am
Hey Gus ...No Probs ... If I ever fetch up on "S'tralian"shores I would deffo seek you out & share a few Schooners with you......

I dont mind a small social gathering or a one to one ......Its just people En Masse  i have a problem with.

Yep I go to Airshows with 150,000 other people , but I get " My Space" get my food drink & Camera organised & thats me organised. " My Space " is never far from a Public Toilet block...lol.

My Mrs may take an hour Supermarket Shopping.... I can do the same job in 10 mins...I just dont need all those people ......Heck! some of them may have Ostomies & want to engage me in conversation....lol

Oh yea & belive it or not , I still do have my Dads old Crevat.
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 am
Lobster!!---I have a step daughter who lives & works in Switzerland... Great place . we used to visit a couple of times a year. Not so much now due to my incapacity & my partner is 10 yrs older than me & doesnt enjoy the best of health......
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 am
bobby thank you a motel is just as great if we put our ideas together im sure we could come up with something we need a cordinator anyone up for the job? i think it would be a blast
Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 pm
I'm just sittin' here giggling .... ya'all are so damned cute lol  I love you all, I truly do ... but this little Doe is gonna be somewhere in the woods under the outstretched limbs of the trees making a bed in the leaves and peeing in the ferns ... don't have a tent anymore but I don't care...I'll use a sleeping bag if it's chilly...but there is nothing like staring up at the moon 'n the stars through the branches in the dead of night .....aaahhhhhh yesssssssssssss   SmileSmile  :*  SmileSmile  gonna go howl with the wolves  lmao

~Doe
Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 pm
Miyzy my friend, it almost breaks my heart to talk of this, but before I ran into all my troubles my brothers and me would drive up to Bathurst, sometimes we'd shoot into Moncton and other times take the shore route just for the scenery. When we hit Bathurst we took The resource road about 30 miles to my brothers camp, it was always a blast, since I went through 4 operations  I tried it once, I thought I was going to die, nothing to do with the ostomy, this is a spinal problem that put kibosh to that fun, and another real piss off is when we leave Bathurst we drive right by the Airport but getting to and from airports would be just as long a trip, just can't win for losing. Keep up with the ideas girl, at least we can always dream about them. Ed.
PS: I'm trying to find a picture of me and some of my brothers at the camp, will post if I can find them.
Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:34 pm
you know there is also specails flights to vegas that arent that expensive for those in the states lots of sites to see there also but i also like camping and the fishing thing hummmmm real like fishing and camping maybe we have to just do it in spurts so everyone can met and have fun would be nice to see things i havent seen b4
Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm
I bet you would! Me -- my camping days are over (even before the ostomy) but motel/cheap hotel is fine with me.

Maybe camping with a motel nearby for us 'tenderfoots'?

Did any of you fall in love with Vancouver, B.C. Canada after watching some of the Winter Olympics? A gorgeous city with lots to see and do -- and lots of washrooms and friendly people!

Camping needs planning and sometimes pre-booking sites as it gets busy from late Spring to Autumn. Motels/hotels can be a bit $pendy.
Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 pm
OMG Beatrice, are you ever RIGHT!  Talking about falling in love with Vancouver, B.C. Canada !!!!   What a beautiful place !  I actually have a relative there, will have to hunt her down some day. Smile
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm
And don't forget you have an osty-friend here too !
* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.