Looking for Open-Ended, One-Size-Fits-All Ostomy Pouch Covers - Measurement Tips?

Replies
Views
looking forward

Can you buy an open-ended, one-size-fits-all pouch cover? What do you have to measure? Ty

w30bob

Hi Ty,

There's a bewildering number of bag covers out there that you can buy......but I'm not sure about the one size fits all thing. And that's because the hole in the bag that encircles your appliance opening around your stoma can only vary by so much........from a material stretchability standpoint. So it really depends on what you consider "all" in your question. If you Google "ostomy bag covers" and then check "Images" you'll see what I mean about there being an endless selection of covers, as well as lots of info on how to make them themselves. In terms of what you have to measure it comes down to hole size for the barrier and the width and length of your bag. Pretty simple, really. Have fun!

Regards,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,446 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

I will have to take a look at how to make them. Interesting. Never felt the need for a cover but could be cute!

Puppyluv

Past Member

Pup, I'm pretty sure you can find some starter instructions online... I feel like I was going to attempt it at one point but then... life.

Past Member

I have bought them in the past with an elasticized opening that the bag fits through so the cover lies flat around the base, easy to put on and remove, pretty sure they are one size fits all.

I have also made my own without the elastic and they fit fine too. I'm definitely not a seamstress but I found the following pattern quite easy to follow. I just left the bottom of the cover open-ended. Definitely a lot cheaper to make your own.

https://www.stomaatje.com/clothing.html#covers

And I found this site that has links where to buy them online internationally:

https://cancerbeglammed.com/shopping-guide/fashionable-ostomies-and-urostomies/fashionable-pouch-covers

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppyluv56

I looked online and got the dimensions. Going to try to make one today. Should be interesting! Not too hard. Can probably whip them out as fast as a mask once I get it down pat! Lol

Pup

Islander

It is fun to make them with themes, seasonal, sports teams, lacy for romance, ... Even though they aren't usually seen by anyone, my doctor and nurses enjoy them. They help with the heat and humidity in Texas where I am. I love my covers. As was mentioned, they are generally tailored to the wafer opening and the pouch width and length.

Islander

Puppyluv56

Hey, nbsp;

You know, I figure it is like when we wear sexy lace bras and panties and how good it makes us feel, and nobody else even knows. Guess you can wear something that makes you feel sexy or just makes you smile! Nothing bad to come from that. nbsp;