Rather intense bloating

In this discussion
Replies
Views
SullyandThree

Hello all,

I've been experiencing somewhat intense discomfort of irrigate? bloating and I cannot seem to pass much waste. Would it make sense to irrigate?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Sully.

Irrigation doesn't suit everybody, so it is a question of whether, taking everything into consideration and weighing things in the balance, the irrigation is 'better' than doing nothing.

Sometimes I don't get output during irrigation - but I ALSO DON'T GET OUTPUT DURING THE DAY so, for me, the continued irrigation makes sense.

As for the sensation of bloating, sometimes this is caused by the irrigation, but sometimes the irrigation 'cures' the problems of either blockages or wind.

My own preference is to be reassured that I have done all I possibly can to manage the waste output effectively. Irrigation achieves this end for me, and I feel so much more comfortable and confident during the day that I will have no output and therefore I will not need a bag or be looking for toilets all the time. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
SullyandThree
Reply to Bill

Thank you very much for taking the time to lend this helpful information.

Sincerely,

Kevin