Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Rather Intense Bloating

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:12 am

Hello All,

I've been experiencing somewhat intense discomfort ofirrigate? bloating and I cannot seem to pass much waste. Would it make sense to irragate?

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:57 am

Hello Sully.

Irrigation doesn't suit everybody, so it is a question of whether, taking everything into consideration and weighing things in the balance, the irrigation is 'better' than doing nothing.

Sometimes I don't get output during irrigation - but I ALSO DON'T GET OUTPUT DURING THE DAY so, for me, the continued irrigation makes sense.

As for the sensation of bloating, sometimes this is caused by the irrigation, but sometimes the irrigation 'cures' the problems of either blockages or wind.

My own preference is to be reassured that I have done all I possibly can to manage the waste output effectively. Irrigation achieves this end for me, and I feel so much more comfortable and confident during the day that I will have no output and therefore I will not need a bag or be looking for toilets all the time. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Bill wrote:

Hello Sully.

Irrigation doesn't suit everybody, so it is a question of whether, taking everything into consideration and weighing things in the balance, the irrigation is 'better' than doing nothing.

Sometimes I don't get output during irrigation - but I ALSO DON'T GET OUTPUT DURING THE DAY so, for me, the continued irrigation makes sense.

As for the sensation of bloating, sometimes this is caused by the irrigation, but sometimes the irrigation 'cures' the problems of either blockages or wind.

My own preference is to be reassured that I have done all I possibly can to manage the waste output effectively. Irrigation achieves this end for me, and I feel so much more comfortable and confident during the day that I will have no output and therefore I will not need a bag or be looking for toilets all the time. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Thank you very much for taking the time to lend this helpful information.

Sincerely,

Kevin 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.