Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Supplies for donation

Past Member
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:45 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

I've recently had a successful reversal ....yay me ..... and have an unopened box of Hollister supplies for anyone that can use them. The Ostomy support group in Las Vegas is no longer in operation so thought I'd throw it out here. 
thank you in advance for any suggestions, 

Darla

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi, Fast!

Please reach out to BreeAbq505.  See below.  Think she & her boyfriend would appreciate the help!

Lily17~

 

Need help with getting suppliesWatch this topic for repliesReply Save Topic Start new topic

BreeAbq505
New Mexico, United StatesPrivate MessageFri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 pmHi everyone, I came across this beautiful little corner of the internet while searching tirelessly for a way to get colostomy supplies for my boyfriend, and had gotten so desperate that I was searching if it was possible to somehow make home made bags, and if so, how, and now here I am...My boyfriend has a colostomy after surviving a gunshot to the stomach about 6 months ago. At the time he was homeless and unemployed, and was released right back to the streets with really no information or support of any kind. Being on Medicaid they only allow him to order 1 box per month and it never lasts the full month. We recently have found a place to live, but unfortunately are both still unemployed with no active income.I am trying all I can to learn about how I can help in any way possible and desperately looking for any sort of charities that may help with supplies or anyone that may have extra supplies. We live in Albuquerque new Mexico and I've found little to no active resources here. If anyone can point me in a direction that could help, or if anyone would be willing to send supplies, I will forever be grateful.Thank you so much for your time reading this.Thank you again and God Bless

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:52 pm

...and Congratulations!  :)

Lily17~

Past Member
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:36 pm


Lily17 wrote:

...and Congratulations!  :)

Lily17~

Will do and Thanks!

Past Member
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:39 pm


Lily17 wrote:

Hi, Fast!

Please reach out to BreeAbq505.  See below.  Think she & her boyfriend would appreciate the help!

Lily17~

 

Need help with getting suppliesWatch this topic for repliesReply Save Topic Start new topic

BreeAbq505
New Mexico, United StatesPrivate MessageFri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 pmHi everyone, I came across this beautiful little corner of the internet while searching tirelessly for a way to get colostomy supplies for my boyfriend, and had gotten so desperate that I was searching if it was possible to somehow make home made bags, and if so, how, and now here I am...My boyfriend has a colostomy after surviving a gunshot to the stomach about 6 months ago. At the time he was homeless and unemployed, and was released right back to the streets with really no information or support of any kind. Being on Medicaid they only allow him to order 1 box per month and it never lasts the full month. We recently have found a place to live, but unfortunately are both still unemployed with no active income.I am trying all I can to learn about how I can help in any way possible and desperately looking for any sort of charities that may help with supplies or anyone that may have extra supplies. We live in Albuquerque new Mexico and I've found little to no active resources here. If anyone can point me in a direction that could help, or if anyone would be willing to send supplies, I will forever be grateful.Thank you so much for your time reading this.Thank you again and God Bless

Hi Bree,

Are you still in need of ostomy supplies? I am willing to ship them to you within the US. I have approximately a month and a half worht of Hollister supplies that you are welcome to.

please let me know and I wish you and your boyfriend much needed blessings.

Darla

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:18 pm

Thank you Lily I was going to suggest the same. If they don’t want them you can give them to an ostomy nurse ; that’s what I did and they were so appreciated. They were going to pass them on to someone in need.

Congratulations Darla. Stay well

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:42 pm


Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bree,

Are you still in need of ostomy supplies? I am willing to ship them to you within the US. I have approximately a month and a half worht of Hollister supplies that you are welcome to.

please let me know and I wish you and your boyfriend much needed blessings.

Darla

Darla~

Would you be able to PM Bree?

I don't know how often she's on the site, but she would get a PM more directly, if this site works like I imagine.

Lily17~

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:41 pm

So happy for you wish you continued sucess.

Past Member
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:27 pm


Lily17 wrote:

Darla~

Would you be able to PM Bree?

I don't know how often she's on the site, but she would get a PM more directly, if this site works like I imagine.

Lily17~

I'd be happy to PM her.  How do I go about that ? 
thank you for your help ,

Darla 

Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:45 pm


Anonymous wrote:

I'd be happy to PM her.  How do I go about that ? 
thank you for your help ,

Darla 

Darla,

Click on the "Find Members" tab at the top of the webpage.  Click on "Search by Name or Member ID", then enter "BreeAbq505" into the "User Name" field.  That will bring her up and you can communicate with her via her Profile.

Lily17~

Past Member
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:34 pm


Lily17 wrote:

Darla,

Click on the "Find Members" tab at the top of the webpage.  Click on "Search by Name or Member ID", then enter "BreeAbq505" into the "User Name" field.  That will bring her up and you can communicate with her via her Profile.

Lily17~

Hi Lily,

Unfortunately I'm not going to upgrade to a paid status to send a PM. My medical bills just hit over $240,000. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully she reaches out.

Best of luck to you

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 28    
3 members & 25 visitors