Laughing Through Ostomies: Witty Quips for Unexpected Flatulence

Replies
Views
Moi

My dark sense of self-deprecating medical humor has served me well over my lifetime. Might I give the example of spilling my drink into my crotch before entering a store. I'm certainly at "that age" where the logical answer to such a sight is incontinence. Instead of trying to explain that this was not a bladder issue, I chose to say, "It sucks to get old", not an untrue answer. But I am somewhat at a loss as to how to deal with unexpected flatulence, (greatly amplified due to its location). I would love to have some witty quips, please.

w30bob

Hi Moi,

Having been in that situation more than once... I don't think there is anything witty that can be said... at least I haven't thought of anything. At work, I've made everyone aware of my situation because when it happens in a quiet conference room while someone is giving a presentation... all eyes turn to me. Knowing that everyone knows it's me... I turn sharply to either side and tell that person sarcastically to excuse themselves. That usually gets a chuckle, and the presentation continues pretty much unabated. But I do keep my coat or jacket in my lap when I'm sitting in those meetings... in a futile attempt to reduce the decibels. I'd too love to hear what others say in this situation.

;0)

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,466 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Just cough or clear your throat real hard immediately as the sound is coming out and say excuse me. LOL

cburton027

Well, there's more room outside of me than inside of me.

Past Member

Me, stuffing my face with pizza: "Om nom nom"

Stig: "Dude, you really need to be chewing your food more"

Me: "More pizza, gimme gimme gimme!"

Stig: "As your stomach, I really must advise you that your current course of action may be to your detriment come tomorrow morning"

Me: "Moar pizzaaaaaaaa"

Stig: "Please, don't make me beg. The stomach nurse told you to take it easy with this stuff, to always chew thoroughly, not just shovel everything down. I know she did, I was there"

Me: "Whatevs, gimme another round of garlic bread while I'm on it"

All of the next day....

Me whimpering: "I just wanna diiiieeeee"

Stig: "SAY MY NAME, BITCH!"

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Moi

That's my kind of humor... well, one of my kinds