Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Thanksgiving Plans

Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:53 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Hi everyone😃❤

I was just curious what everyone's plans for turkey day were? Anybody doing any travel? (Be safe). I am just having a quiet (or should I say loud 😛) dinner with my family.  What is your fave thanksgiving day staple food? Mine is definitely the stuffing🤗. Momma makes it every year. The recipe has been passed down for years through my family. No stovetop for us (although I do l love me some stovetop)..just not on Turkey day 😊

The one thing I gotta be careful of is corn. I love corn and I don't wanna get another one of those damn blockages. Not fun 😒.  Anybody have the same issue? Isn't it interesting how veggies , specifically corn come out looking  exactly the same as going in. Gross story time 😈.. One time when I had eaten corn..I was changing my bag and a corn kernel literally shot out of my stoma and hit me in the eyeball..😬 Gross..but kinda funny.

Anyways...just wants to wish everybody a very safe and happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourself and if anyone has any stuffing they wanna send to me ..I am taking offers 🤗

Tiffany ❤

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Happy thanksgiving...we all have so much to be thankful for 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm

Tiffany, you are a hoot!  I enjoy your comments.  Stay safe and chew your food, kid.   HenryM

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 pm

HenryM wrote:

Tiffany, you are a hoot!  I enjoy your comments.  Stay safe and chew your food, kid.   HenryM

And wear safety glasses. 🤓

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Ritz wrote:

Happy thanksgiving...we all have so much to be thankful for 

You said it , Ritz!

Happy Thanksgiving!😘

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Well Alex posted my line about the safety glasses first lol. I love Turkey  and homemade  dressing and pumpkin pie. . I am also doing a Junkyard salad. 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:31 pm

HenryM wrote:

Thanks, Henry! Definite likewise😃 . I am also glad to know you enjoy my commentary. I am happy to know people are reading what I have to talk (bitch) about. That makes me happy 😊

Happy Thanksgiving😘

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:37 pm

AlexT wrote:

And wear safety glasses. 🤓

You know.. VERY good idea!😃 I wonder if Amazon has glasses for that 🤔 if not..I smell a very good idea for Shark Tank 🦈. What would we call them? Names? How about "Spewage Specters"? 

Now I got to start a new forum topic 😉

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 pm

Morning glory wrote:

Well Alex posted my line about the safety glasses first lol. I love Turkey  and homemade  dressing and pumpkin pie. . I am also doing a Junkyard salad. 

Ooh what is a junkyard salad? That sounds like it could be a type of pasta salad and if so...🤗🤗🤗.  Pumpkin PIe is good but I am especially attached to Dutch apple pie with LOADS of whipped cream 😋. I am also fond of punches. Any kind of non alcoholic punch cuz the Tiffster dosnt drink 😇 clashes with my medicine. I do enjoy a good "drunk story" though 😉

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 pm

tiff041 wrote:

You know.. VERY good idea!😃 I wonder if Amazon has glasses for that 🤔 if not..I smell a very good idea for Shark Tank 🦈. What would we call them? Names? How about "Spewage Specters"? 

Now I got to start a new forum topic 😉

I'm still trying to figure out how your stoma points in a line to your eyeball. 🤔 Maybe it was a ricochet off the wall? Anyway, take your safety goggles 🥽 and enjoy the holiday. 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:57 pm

AlexT wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how your stoma points in a line to your eyeball. 🤔 Maybe it was a ricochet off the wall? Anyway, take your safety goggles 🥽 and enjoy the holiday. 

I was holding Stella back..making sure I got my stoma powder all around the bottom. So she was facing me..looking at me like "ok woman you wanna eat a big Ole 2-3 cups of corn watch this". And my face was leaning in close to nake sure the powder was surrounding her. "Her" being Stella (stoma)

Stella does not like corn. Or Outback mushroom appetizers (read other post). So that is my explanation of corn spewing out of my latest orifice. I hope that clarified things 😉

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:12 pm

tiff041 wrote:

I was holding Stella back..making sure I got my stoma powder all around the bottom. So she was facing me..looking at me like "ok woman you wanna eat a big Ole 2-3 cups of corn watch this". And my face was leaning in close to nake sure the powder was surrounding her. "Her" being Stella (stoma)

Stella does not like corn. Or Outback mushroom appetizers (read other post). So that is my explanation of corn spewing out of my latest orifice. I hope that clarified things 😉

Clarified it more than needed. 😂 

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:22 pm

AlexT wrote:

Clarified it more than needed. 😂 

I just thought your life couldn't possibly go on effectively until I set the scene for you 😉.

"Knowing is half the battle"- GI.Joe

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:59 am

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving, my fave is home made stuffing in the bird and brussel sprouts, but not this year as my family is going to help a friend who owns a restaurant  do a benefit dinner on a donation per meal to help a couple charities.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving All and all in good health. I am thank ful for good friends and the ability to use my own hand to make delicious meals. I made my famous Turkey with cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole and a delicious pecan pie! Be safe! Mike

Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Dinner with family.. yearly favorite Magic Johnson's Sweet Potatoe pie.. yum yum!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:51 pm

I ate more than my bag will hold. 😳 

Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 pm

AlexT wrote:

I ate more than my bag will hold. 😳 

I just got home and I am literally crawling to my couch. I ate sooooo much 🤪. Delicious though. Now..I just have to wait until the corn kicks in. Time to get those safety goggles 😏

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:03 pm

tiff041 wrote:

I just got home and I am literally crawling to my couch. I ate sooooo much 🤪. Delicious though. Now..I just have to wait until the corn kicks in. Time to get those safety goggles 😏

I usually avoid corn but there was a corn dish and I thought I'd try just a little. I got my safety goggles ready in case my stoma goes all "Tiff" on me. 👨‍🔬

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 pm

See ..this forum comes in handy. You can learn something new 🤓🌽

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 pm

Thanksgiving with friends.  Lucky to be invited; last year's restaurant attempt was a total horrible experience.  Relatives dead or the one 1500 miles away. No sob story, just reality for some of us as we age W/O children.  Dinner was a joy and the company was, for the most part, familiar.  Foo-d-amazing, Turkey, ham, pork,  sweet potato pie, mashed potatoes, 3 bean casserole & more.  4 different kinds of pies for desserts. Luckily even with an ostomy, I can eat anything-- just not a lot period. That and delicious matching wines topped off the afternoon/evening. 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.