Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,362 members
Next >

Beside Myself.. Hernia Issues

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

Ugh! Dr office never got back to me.. but I coughed funny today and my stomach on right side was highly protruding out! I have been having internL issues that feel like my colon is in spasms! ( I have a urostomy)! 
I put in two hernia belts today and tried staying busy because I am scared to death over this small hernia I have. I called dr office today, told me if I have intense pain, vomiting g or the protruding does not go down get to the ER!

I have to go in for a CTScan and they are trying to get me an appointment but having insurance issues!

I took a Xanax and I seem to be a bit better, but I'm afraid to move! When I stand it feels like my stomach is gonna fall out. Weird... I know. I'm just nervous about this till we find out just what is going on. I'm very uncomfortable.... any suggestions? Anyone experience that spasm feeling? Please help me put my mind at ease!

thanks

Oh gosh I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope someone comes along that can help you. Sending {{{hugs}}}

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,362 members

Oh gezzzz.  I can totally relate. And it's ok to feel that way, I remember having those feelings, So here's an Idea. If you have like spanks or a binder you could put on to help support and even cut a hole for your ostomy, or if it's real bad and you have a large hospital close you could go there and talk to the Wound and ostomy nurse, every time I'm in for surgery they usually have one on the weekends, they may have a binder or even a hernia belt on hand and if they do and it's the wrong size you can alter it to fit ( I have tons of ideas to make it work ). Oh man I just searched Amazon And they have hernia belt for Ostomy's that can be delivered as soon as Sunday the 16th in my area

good luck I'll be praying for you, let us know if you have any questions 

cplumber

Cplumber wrote:

Oh gezzzz.  I can totally relate. And it's ok to feel that way, I remember having those feelings, So here's an Idea. If you have like spanks or a binder you could put on to help support and even c...

Could a person use a ratchet strap in an emergency just to help hold it tight?

AlexT wrote:

Could a person use a ratchet strap in an emergency just to help hold it tight?

Totally use a ratchet strap and a plastic plate with a hole drilled in it as a disc for support, I heard a lady used a cat food can and a belt for an ostomy bag, so what ever works 

Cplumber wrote:

Oh gezzzz.  I can totally relate. And it's ok to feel that way, I remember having those feelings, So here's an Idea. If you have like spanks or a binder you could put on to help support and even c...

I'm waiting on a CTScan... I do have hernia belts I've been wearing

i would like to get a double one but I cannot afraid it right now.

I have not been back to work in two years, between COVID and having cancer... it's been rough.. I cannot get all the supplies I rightfully need and that has been a huge issue for me

mikamouse wrote:

I'm waiting on a CTScan... I do have hernia belts I've been wearing

i would like to get a double one but I cannot afraid it right now.

I have not been back to work in two years, between COVID and...

What kind of supplies do you need?

AlexT wrote:

What kind of supplies do you need?

I am in need of stuff like a few Dome covers, I'm afraid to hit my stoma and want to cover it. I need grab bars in my bathroom... I need pouch covers.. I want a shower cup And I need more Nu Forn hernia belts and I paid for one, my insurance is suppose cover those.

Why do you need multiple hernia belts? I understand buying different ones to try but why do you need more than 1 of the same kind? 

AlexT wrote:

Why do you need multiple hernia belts? I understand buying different ones to try but why do you need more than 1 of the same kind? 

I did not say the same one. There is ones with different thickness and I would

lime to see which one helps best

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.