Thank Your WOCN: National WOCN Week Appreciation!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
AlexT

It's national WOCN week this week. Send your wound/ostomy nurse a note saying thank you for what they do. Most of us would be pretty clueless about our ostomies/wounds without them. I'm taking donuts in to mine on Friday since I have an appointment with her.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I'm sure donuts will brighten their day. Good luck with your appointment on Friday, Alex.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Abefroman1969

I wish I had known this before my appointment today! I have the in-home stoma nurse tomorrow and I know she loves coffee, Dunk's card it is!

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

She will love that! I assume a Dunks card is the US version of a Tim's card.

AlexT
Reply to Abefroman1969

Yeah. I had an appointment yesterday with my wound/ostomy nurses but didn't find out until I was done. So, Friday it is for saying thanks.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Caz67

Better late than never, however, I'm sure a nice letter/email would be just as welcome. I know when my patients send cards or letters of gratitude, it means so much to me and a job well done. XX

RaenotRay

I love this! Donuts and coffee sound like a perfect thank you!

Abefroman1969
Reply to Anonymous

Yes, it is.