Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,920 members

WD-40

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:05 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:17 pm

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,920 members

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:17 pm

Got it!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:20 pm

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:25 pm

My dad always said to buy duct tape and Wd-40 by the case. I guess I know why now. 😂

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:25 pm

Last one I promise (sorry, found a new fb page and have been crackin' up all morning, had to share!) 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:05 am

Anonymous wrote:

Last one I promise (sorry, found a new fb page and have been crackin' up all morning, had to share!) 

First, I’m not replying to the WD-40 picture cause I see no win in it for me between you ladies that like to pick on a defenseless guy like myself. 👀 But in response to crippling an entire generation picture, I can attest to that. We have a couple new hires at work. I had 1 of them with me last week and I asked him to apply(tie) the handbrakes on the train cars we were leaving. So, he goes to tie the first brake and spins the handbrake wheel the wrong way. I said nope, the other way. So he accomplished the first one. We went to the next handbrake and it was on the other end of the next car so it was “backwards” to the first brake. He literally took his finger and pointed up to the handbrake and made circles in the air trying to figure out which way to turn it. 🤦‍♂️ I said… righty tighty, lefty loosy. He said…..huh? 🤷‍♂️ 😂 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:07 am

Amazing! Just found out I have such a powerful instrument at hand.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:33 am

This whole thread brought a smile to my face this morning! Thanks Jo! 

Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:16 am

Anonymous wrote:

I guess I’m an exception to that rule coz I’m a millennial and I very much prefer using a manual car instead of an automatic (mind you, manual cars are a lot more common over here in the UK, and in Europe in general). I think it’s because I feel like with a manual (or stick shift as you Yanks apparently like to say) I have more control over which gear the car is in. With automatic you don’t control when your car changes gear. Safer in dodgy weather, imo.

Wait, sorry jo, you’re Aussie! My bad! But the point still stands 😁

Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:11 am

Meadow Snow wrote:

I guess I’m an exception to that rule coz I’m a millennial and I very much prefer using a manual car instead of an automatic (mind you, manual cars are a lot more common over here in the UK, an...

Manuals are more common down here too Meadow, and all I have ever driven, I only found out that they are as rare as hen's teeth in the states when I lived there many moons ago.  Nothing better than heading out on a country road and putting it in 5th and firing her up hey!  (And at least we drive on the right (?left) side of the road, LOL!)

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:16 am

Anonymous wrote:

Manuals are more common down here too Meadow, and all I have ever driven, I only found out that they are as rare as hen's teeth in the states when I lived there many moons ago.  Nothing better tha...

Well over here country roads tend to be narrow and bendy and can also be single track with passing places. Not something for higher than about 3rd or maybe 4th if you’re lucky, but never 5th! But I know what you mean, find an empty duel carriageway and off you go!

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:23 am

Hi all i taught my oldest daughter how to drive a stick shift in my old wood hauler 68 chev 3 on the tree pickup truck, once while coming out of the woods with a load of wood the tailpipe got torn off  and made the truck louder well she thought that was the funniest thing as she could rev the engine and make some noise.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:28 am

I drove a stick for years and enjoyed it, here in the states they used to be a lot less expensive than an automatic. I admit that in bad weather I much prefer a stick as has been said better control over your vehicle 

Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Meadow Snow wrote:

Well over here country roads tend to be narrow and bendy and can also be single track with passing places. Not something for higher than about 3rd or maybe 4th if you’re lucky, but never 5th! But...

I'd happily drive an automatic if the GPS voice was Benedict's!  Could possibly cause an accident though! 😍 🥰 

"a voice like a jaguar hiding in a cello" - indeed!

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:

SOOO Me!!! #NotestoMyself

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.