Hernia After Reversal

In this discussion
Replies
Views
terrifl2637

After my reversal, which was a success, I developed a hernia at the incision. I hopefully will have surgery soon for removal. Is there anything I should do in the meantime.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

StPetie

Congratulations on the reversal. I hope it works out well for you. I had to turn one down because there was too great of a chance for issues I don't want afterward.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
do382818

Hello terrifl2637, they do make hernia prevention belts. I like both Nu-Hope and Coloplast Brava ostomy support belt. I would suggest getting measured by your ostomy nurse. They should be aware of them both. Also, be very careful what you lift because that could be the direct cause of why. Please consider doing pelvic floor exercises (I am not being kinky). These will help build up your weakened abdomen area.

Best of luck

Do

lovely

Glad your reversal went well.