Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
27,789 members
Next >

Question - Crossed or Uncrossed

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:34 am
"MeetAnOstoMate is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Morning Mates...Quick question

I'm a chronic leg crosser especially right over left..

Has any been told by docs do not cross or okay to cross? Or do you suffer any effects from crossing?

Fill me in...

Have a superfine Friday and a great weekend...Stay strong smile on

You're Homie with a Stomie

Tracy

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 am

Well.........this is a different question!  I assume you mean is it bad for you from an 'ostomy' point of view, and not a general point of view.  There's all kinds of opinions for the latter, not supported by much real info.......but for the former.......never really thought about it.  Can't think of any ill effects from doing it......unless your stoma is so low it causes your skin to crease in that area.......so interesting question.....looking forward to hearing people's thoughts.

;O)

bob

MeetAnOstoMate - 27,789 members
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:40 am

I’ve never been able to sit like that, I’m not sure how guys can sit like that. 😬😁

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 am


AlexT wrote:

I’ve never been able to sit like that, I’m not sure how guys can sit like that. 😬😁

We can't..........we've got all this "stuff" between our legs that the gals don't.  Plus they're just plain weird.

;O)

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:49 am


w30bob wrote:

We can't..........we've got all this "stuff" between our legs that the gals don't.  Plus they're just plain weird.

;O)

always count on u for the right answer lol

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 am


AlexT wrote:

I’ve never been able to sit like that, I’m not sure how guys can sit like that. 😬😁

you guys can sit with leg across ur knee not crossed like us with a Y 😆 😂 

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 pm

If you cross them just right you can monitor your Heart Beat !! 👍☘

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:10 pm


Mayoman wrote:

If you cross them just right you can monitor your Heart Beat !! 👍☘

OMG LOL 😂😂😂

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 pm

So Homie-with-a-Stomie-NS, did you get a real answer yet? LOL I would like to know as well. 🤔

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:29 pm

I’m sure it affects your blood pressure, just like sitting with your feet crossed does. I can’t even get my leg crossed enough to consider sitting that way, let alone feel my heartbeat doing it. I’d probably need an ice pack if I was forced into that position. 😁😬😮

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:28 pm

It's bad for your circulation so nurses have told me when they've caught me lol I live in hope of few of them spanking me when they catch me but so far no such luck! So I will just have to keep on trying waiting for that day!  

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:38 pm


Mayoman wrote:

If you cross them just right you can monitor your Heart Beat !! 👍☘

you sure that's a heartbeat you are feeling 🤣 🤣 

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:39 pm


SallyK wrote:

So Homie-with-a-Stomie-NS, did you get a real answer yet? LOL I would like to know as well. 🤔

not really just our men being smarty pants again  🤣 😂 

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:45 pm


AlexT wrote:

I’m sure it affects your blood pressure, just like sitting with your feet crossed does. I can’t even get my leg crossed enough to consider sitting that way, let alone feel my heartbeat doing it...

🤣 🤣  then please don't try Alex...the reason I asked was yes been told prior to surgery its bad for circulation and blood flow but since ileostomy if I don't catch myself and sit for a bit either left over right or visa versa I will get a strange pain on the hump area like a tender issue or cramp wondering cause I'm on the low side of placement wonder if I'm adding pressure to the hump area doc calls it a hump its like my inards are all pushed into a round ball and homey sticks out the middle of it... the strange sensation or pain usually only does if I cross.... no hernias etc so far 

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:45 pm


Ben38 wrote:

It's bad for your circulation so nurses have told me when they've caught me lol I live in hope of few of them spanking me when they catch me but so far no such luck! So I will just have to keep on ...

😆 🤣 never give up trying my friend 

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:14 pm


AlexT wrote:

I’m sure it affects your blood pressure, just like sitting with your feet crossed does. I can’t even get my leg crossed enough to consider sitting that way, let alone feel my heartbeat doing it...

😂

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:18 pm

Don't have any advice to offer but I've been a right over left leg crosser for years with no ill effects, as long as you're not sitting down for extended periods of time can't see the harm.

It does sound like there are a few man-spreaders in the comments though, hopefully they keep the "mouse in the house"!  😂

 

Seriously guys, particularly on public transport, I know you have to give the "boys" some room but have a think of the girls on either side of you! 🤣

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm


~jo~ wrote:

Don't have any advice to offer but I've been a right over left leg crosser for years with no ill effects, as long as you're not sitting down for extended periods of time can't see the harm.

It doe...

😂😂😂

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:44 pm


~jo~ wrote:

Don't have any advice to offer but I've been a right over left leg crosser for years with no ill effects, as long as you're not sitting down for extended periods of time can't see the harm.

It doe...

🤣

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:01 pm


~jo~ wrote:

Don't have any advice to offer but I've been a right over left leg crosser for years with no ill effects, as long as you're not sitting down for extended periods of time can't see the harm.

It doe...

That guy has a real problem, he might need some baby powder if it takes that much to “get some air”. 🤭😬 

Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:57 pm


AlexT wrote:

That guy has a real problem, he might need some baby powder if it takes that much to “get some air”. 🤭😬 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:42 am


Homie With A Stomie NS wrote:

you sure that's a heartbeat you are feeling 🤣 🤣 

I have The Power ...I can hear / feel your's too ..I am a   7th  Son so I'm Special !! 😆🤪.  Today's my Birthday so I have Extra Power today ...keep that heart monitor close by 😋🥳💚

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:50 pm


Mayoman wrote:

I have The Power ...I can hear / feel your's too ..I am a   7th  Son so I'm Special !! 😆🤪.  Today's my Birthday so I have Extra Power today ...keep that heart monitor close by 😋🥳💚

Happy Birthday Eamon! 🥳💚🎂🤩🍁🦙

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:37 pm

I assumed it was a serious question .....but it was also good for a laugh...  Hi All....   It's  Marsha...  more than 60 years with an ileostomy..   I''m   short   barely 5'2',   tall ( since I was 12)   and have very short legs...   I'm happy if they touch the floor,   at a restaurant,  on  public transportation, etc..   I'd see tall  long legged gals " cross, their  legs,   wi th feet  on the floor....a nd it amazed me..   The best  I could do was cross my ankles...   AN d that was before my ileostomy...   I  never gave it much though.....although I might have done it  a few times,   when I was " thin  enough",,  As in  " never"   my thighs always  " touched"...      Cross away......those  who can...   Marsh

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:14 am

I've never had a problem and I've had my ostomy for more than 58 years.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:14 am

I've never had a problem and I've had my ostomy for more than 58 years.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Thank you all for the responses including the males lol.... It's probably just me sitting to long crossed...

After all a y is open at both ends will work on keeping it open instead of closed...

My mates rock!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 pm


w30bob wrote:

We can't..........we've got all this "stuff" between our legs that the gals don't.  Plus they're just plain weird.

;O)

Well, now we women have all this Stuff between our legs too! It’s not easy to get used to! 

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 am


betsyb wrote:

Well, now we women have all this Stuff between our legs too! It’s not easy to get used to! 

true that 🤣 🤣 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours