Seeking Japanese ostomy sink in the U.S. - Any advice?

Replies
Views
w30bob

See if they come in colors... powder blue would be nice!!

;O)

DiscoBagBaby

Have you tried Amazon? They have almost everything. And by the way, I have never heard of a "Japanese Ostomy Sink"???? I'm going to have to Google it as well :o)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,429 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Ah.........here you go! Go right to the source and contact the JOA (Japan Ostomy Association)....there's a 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page. Ask them who makes their ostomy toilets (don't call it a 'sink'....that's gross!)..........and see if you can purchase one. Although shipping will be a bitch!

https://www.joa-net.org/contents2/en/whatsnew/20041111.htm

;O)

Bob

Rudolf

I'm not really sure of this. I change my ileostomy when I'm in the shower, clean everything, and then dry and put on the new wafer and pouch afterwards. I certainly would not need something like this.

Rudolf

I'm not really sure of this. I change my ileostomy when I'm in the shower, clean everything, and then dry and put on the new wafer and pouch afterwards. I certainly would not need something like this.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Abdulqadir
Reply to Bellily

Please see below search results. It's not what you are looking for, but maybe you can find a good alternative to it. https://www.google.com/search?q=D985D8BAD8B3D984D8A9++D984D984D988D8B6D988D8A1 tbm=isch ved=2ahUKEwijhti4jsj5AhUPWhoKHeM7BD4Q2-cCegQIABAA oq=D985D8BAD8B3D984D8A9++D984D984D988D8B6D988D8A1 gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDDIFCAAQgAQyBggAEB4QCDIGCAAQHhAIUKIbWM8_YLJMaABwAHgAgAHyAYgBwwWSAQMyLTOYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ sclient=img ei=gNn5YqPGMo-0aeP3kPAD bih=603 biw=1229.

Bellily
Reply to Abdulqadir

Interesting ... thank you for keeping your eyes peeled for possibilities. :)

These are all foot washing stations for Muslims, before they go to mosque I think, or maybe also before prayer.

Very cool basin designs ... I wish these were designed for flushing solids.

Hey, I have another idea - what about a dedicated sink with some sort of garbage disposal mechanism (to liquefy the solids)?

Islander
Reply to Bellily

Great idea! I constructed something similar when we built a house many years ago from available plumbing parts.

jghandymann20

I'm looking at this thing and I sit down with a bottle of water, dump then wipe, rinse then wipe. Every time I change my bag (every 3 days) I take a shower without my bag and appliance and clean the toilet. There are 3 times a day I can change my bag according to its schedule. I can change it at 11am, 7pm, and 11:30pm. For some reason, it doesn't want to dump at those times, whether I just ate or not. Natural rhythm of my body. I also shower and take the drain screen off just in case of an accident. I can't remember the last time I took a bath; I removed the tub and installed a custom shower. Learn your times and schedule accordingly. I've had my stoma for 12 years and had 18 surgeries. VA screwed up my first surgery, and that's the cross we must bear!

Bellily

Y'all, I posted about my quest on Reddit - and look at this reply link:

https://www.plumbersstock.com/as-9512999020-wall-mount-clinic-service-sink-white.html?adpos=scid=scplp254977 sc_intid=254977

A flushing lab sink!!... Now, to see if I can find a cheaper version...

Bellily

Just got another Reddit reply from r/askaplumber -

"You'll want to Google "flushing rim sink" and the first page comes up with lots of options."

This is so exciting! And proves that y'all were right, I should've contacted more plumbers.

Bellily

Y'all, I can't stop thinking about this.

I'm out on workers' comp leave and have too much time on my hands (which may sound like a blessing but also is a curse).

Clinical sinks are expensive. Considering there have to be toilet-type plumbing additions to my crib, that's gonna cost.

What I'm mulling over now is - wall-mounted toilets!! Hung a foot higher than usual toilets, preferably with an additional hot/cold tap installed right above (with a sprayer attachment).

What I want is a poop experience that:

Doesn't entail poop splatters on my clothes/floor/etc.

Allows me to flush poop instantly to reduce the time it has to smell up my joint.

Doesn't entail getting into awkward and/or painful positions (like straddling and kneeling).

Minimizes my use of plastics (because I've moved to disposables since straddling and kneeling became painful).

Is that too much to ask?

ReddogUSA

Might have to think about something like this when I'm too old to kneel down to empty my bag, then get up to the sink to add a cup of water to it to rinse it out, and back to the toilet to empty that.... And yes, it sucks using a public restroom, but when it's time to empty, you gotta do what you need to do!

Bellily

It's really awesome when we have the agility and ingenuity to make our ostomies work, at home and out and about.

But: it really sucks to have to take a knee to poop when your knees are not cooperating. So you go for disposable products, which are great (no clips! No Velcro!) until you start thinking about the methane your crap produces (and all the plastic products that accompany it) in the landfill.

I have not given up on the idea of somehow making ostomy sink-toilets attainable for the average not-so-rich ostomate. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Another interesting idea that could spawn from this and bring greater peace to mixed gender households is bringing urinals to the bathrooms of the masses. Just think, men, the coziness of just being able to plop down to unleash your load without a seat check ... Oh, wait, I'm on MaO, that wouldn't apply here, sorry.

Grins and happy new year to you all!

Bellily

It's been a long time since I logged on ... Bless all y'all and may your stomas be sweet to you.

The ostomy sink idea hasn't gone away but at last I have activated on what to do in the short term: I have ordered two things, a low adjustable medical stool and a spray attachment that can connect to my bathroom sink. The stool - to lower me to toilet height comfortably. The sprayer - to let me do all my bag rinsing into the toilet. I'm very excited to get these items, figure out the new work flow, and will post pictures once the set-up is complete.

Grin!

54libby
Reply to Bellily

Did you ever find this? I sure have been wishing they were available for us in the US.