Can I eat a roll-up with an ileostomy?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member

This is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but can I eat a roll-up fruit snack with an ileostomy? Will it get stuck? &zwj

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Not really sure, but they're good. Chew it up well and drink fluids with it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
banshie3by5

Pectin fruit treats help with diarrhea. They're actually a part of my care kit.

ron in mich

Hi Emmie, chew them real well. I eat the gummies called Swedish Fish. They are strawberry flavor and as addicting as potato chips. Can't eat just one.

Hairdresser

I too have an ileostomy and was told not to eat dehydrated foods. I am not sure if roll-ups are dehydrated but like others have said...eat small pieces and drink a lot. Let us know how it goes...good luck! Enjoy

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Homie With A Stomie NS

Alex T nailed it....I tried string licorice and it didn't get stuck but I felt it even though I thought I chewed it up....if you try just do little bites

Past Member

Right after I had my ileostomy, I had a lot of sugar cravings and gummy sour candy was my jam. All was fine, just stay well hydrated like everyone says, otherwise it's gonna be a really gummy/sticky result. Makes me want some sour Trolli's now!

Superme

No problem with roll-ups, gummies, or licorice. Just like sugar, it just dissolves naturally in your system. Mike