Stitches out today - Post-op update

Replies
Views
Past Member

Hi guys

I'm getting my Barbie butt stitches out today. Wish me luck :) My surgeon doesn't use dissolvable because he said they dissolve too soon and wounds come apart. So I'm just over 2 weeks post-op and finally getting them out. Will let you know how it goes.

AlexT

Hope it all comes out OK.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Yep. Got 2 out. Have to wait until next week to get the rest out because it's not healed enough yet. To be honest, it was really painful so I was kinda relieved not to have all of them out at once.

Axl

Hi Emmie.

How are you progressing other than the painful removal of the stitches?

Past Member
Reply to Axl

Hi Axl

I'm able to do most things but can't drive yet and am still very tired. My husband is working from home but is very busy, so my Mum is staying over and providing cooking, taxi, and babysitting services, so I am very lucky to have family support. I am really super exhausted though....in between UC flares, I am full of energy and usually dragging my husband and kids out for activities or doing exercise, so none of us are used to me being so fatigued. Hoping it gets better soon, but I was super ill with pancolitis, so I didn't have much choice about the surgery. Will just do my best to get fitter over time. How are you doing?

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Axl
Reply to Anonymous

I'm fine, thank you.

I hope it's not too long before you are fighting fit.

Take care.

Homie With A Stomie NS

Morning Emmie01...get it girl. Happy Monday and stitches out day...let the true healing begin...You got this.

Tracy

Past Member

By the way, I have bought an Ehob waffle cushion now. Waiting for it to arrive in the post. So many of you recommended it, so it must be good. The coccyx wedge cushion was not helpful for my purpose, so I returned it.