Rest and Healing after Cottage Recovery

Replies
Views
Abefroman1969

I'm home from the cottage, as usual my nurses were absolute rockstars.

Now to get some rest so I can start building up my stamina.

It's very nice to be able to sit without massive pain. Staples are out so my appliances should fit much better now.
Thanks everybody for listening to my hospital stories, it helps me tons to have a little levity while they have me in there!

AlexT

Hope you heal fast.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hairdresser

Welcome home Abe... get plenty of rest! God bless

Homie With A Stomie NS

Awesome news... Rest well, stay strong, go easy....

SallyK

Sending loads of love and positive vibes your way!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Justbreathe

Yay!!!

eefyjig

Welcome home!

Caz67

Welcome back home, Abe. Now let's get healthy and you're on a forward role. XX

HenryM

That's great! The levity of which you speak is as important a healer as good nurses.

bowsprit

All the best wishes

Abefroman1969

Thank you so much everyone, it was a very pleasant night's sleep without thermometers, oximeters, and BP cuffs every few hours. The only thing I miss is waking up to those nurses I spoke of and the coffee delivery (I always got a cup of their coffee, not the junk from the hospital kitchen). Now to grab a cup of homemade coffee and settle back into life, I'm going for a walk to the beach today once this thunderstorm passes. Oh, and changing my appliance, my output has already started to make the change from all liquid to thicker, and I'm starting the wean from the hospital pain program.

Again, thank you. I would be lost without all of you and your support.

Abe

Earth Angel

Welcome home, Abe!!! Glad all went well and you're recovering. Walking on the beach is so therapeutic - it's my happy place. I hope it brings you comfort and joy while you're healing! Best of luck to you!

ron in mich

Hi Abe, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed and getting away from all the noise of a hospital. Eat your favorite meals, even if it's ordering in every day, and some exercise but not too much.

countyclare

Happy to hear that you're back home safe and sound. You appear to have a very positive attitude.

Stay well. Don't hesitate to check in with me at any time. I've managed to have my ileostomy successfully for many years.

Take care and enjoy life!

Mike from Lakewood, Ohio

TerryLT

So glad you are home and starting to feel better!

Terry

Casper9

So glad you are home and on the mend!

(Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous of the coffee situation. I had my Barbie Butt surgery in April and only got instant coffee while recuperating in the hospital.)

Nice to hear you are recovering and feeling well enough for a stroll on the beach. Enjoy!

Sending hugs and all the healing vibes!