Urgent: Possible Hernia and Complex Fluid Collection

Replies
Views
elledubuque

I bet you are their favorite patient! There should be some kind of frequent flyer program where you could earn points for some cool prizes and some sort of magical way to refill your resiliency.

Hang in there!

elledubuque

I bet you are their favorite patient! There should be some kind of frequent flyer program where you could earn points for some cool prizes and some sort of magical way to refill your resiliency.

Hang in there!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,574 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ppaxson

That's just a simple reminder to slap your physician around a bit when they don't take your concerns to heart.

My recommendation is to read up (or get a textbook) on medical terminology. That way you can speak med-speak. I've found that when I use the appropriate terminology physicians tend to listen better because it finally clicks in their brain that you have an idea what you're actually talking about. I personally don't take shit from ANY specialty whatsoever because I know when I'm right and when something is being overlooked or not being taken seriously.

When in doubt or something just doesn't seem right or your concerns have not been fully addressed, make yourself a fly. You'll drive the staff crazy and often they'll do anything just to get you to shut up and stop zipping around their heads. Medical professionals will always cave to the squeaky wheel so if you feel you're not getting the appropriate answer, squeak like hell. Leave three messages an hour, leave three voicemails, call other docs on the care team to get what you want. You know your body best and when someone doesn't give you the appropriate time of day, make them pay.