Replies
Views
rvall01

Can people with a colostomy have chiropractic treatments? Thanks

AlexT

Yep

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,433 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

Yes, I have been many times.

Axl

Yep, I go once per month.

bowsprit

The answer is an emphatic 'yes'.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

As others have said, go ahead and make that appointment. Speaking of chiropractors, I recently visited mine, for the first time since getting my ostomy. I mentioned that I had a few surgeries since seeing him last, and that I now have an ostomy. I thought I should prepare him in case he came across it while adjusting me. He looked at me blankly and asked 'what is that?'!!!I'm used to members of the general public not knowing what an ostomy is, but a so-called healthcare professional??Hi is a good chiropractor though!

Terry

w30bob

Any chiro that can adjust pregnant women can adjust an ostomate. You just have to ask if that's their thing. Some will and some won't. Liability I guess. Chiropractors rock!!I bought an inversion table years ago and will never sell it........it feels that good!

;O)

Riva

Yes, you can. Don't let having a pouch define whom you are and what you want to do.

Smokey

I have been there. Be sure to empty your bag before you go or even at the office before you lay on the table

Redondo

I have an ilieostomy and I have chiropractic treatments all the time. Like Smokey says, empty first.

Sunshine Girl
Reply to AlexT

My chiropractor is able to adjustments while I am on my back, side, or even sitting up. Keep going and the chiropractor will adjust.)