Where to Buy Ileostomy Bags Online Without Insurance?

Replies
Views
Yourfriend

Do you have websites to recommend for buying ileostomy bags online with no insurance?

I am looking at Coloplast 16768, which is not available on Amazon. Thanks in

CrappyColon

Let me check what I have unopened when I run upstairs. I know chances are it's not the same, but can't hurt to check. I had a reversal in November and have a decent amount of unopened supplies.

If I don't respond in 24 hrs, just ask me if I happened to check. Between ADHD, kids, dogs, cats I get distracted.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

HenryM

Although I can't respond to the lack of insurance aspect of your question, I can tell you that I have been getting supplies successfully for some time from Better Health Supplies, Inc.  In fact, when I ordered last week, my supplies arrived two days later.  So I'm obviously pretty much pleased with my dealings with this company.  I get Hollister supplies through them, but I'm sure they would supply Coloplast as well.  

Beth22

Medical Monks is pretty responsibly priced. I am sorry you have to pay out of pocket ..

mild_mannered_super_hero

eBay is your best bet.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Daughter
Reply to Beth22

I agree, Medical Monks is reasonably priced and shipping is fast.

Mr.Heart2Win

I got this from an email I have from Coloplast, they sent me unrelated samples:

If you ever need to pay for products that insurance doesn't cover, the least expensive medical supplier for cash pay that we are aware of is called Medical Monks and their phone number is 1-844-859-9400 and their website is Buy Medical Supplies for Better Health at Medical Monks. I hope this is of help to you and please reach out if you ever are in need of more guidance.

There is also a site Shop Ostomy Supplies Online - Ostomy Pouches - Ostomy Skin Care. https://www.shopostomysupplies.com/.

Mr.Heart2Win
Reply to HenryM

I saw their ad online recently and I really liked their website, it's so easy to browse through. But, I was not sure if I should call. Thanks for the recommendation.

CrappyColon

Hey, I did check and the numbers aren't a match. Sorry :(

w30bob

Hi YF,

The "Big 3" ostomy suppliers each have an assistance program to help those without insurance. I haven't used them myself, so I don't know the details, but here's the list. If you find out anything, please post it. I'm curious and I'm sure others would like to know as well. I checked my ostomy 'junk drawer' and don't have any of those, or I'd send them. Let me ask a buddy of mine who also has an ostomy. If he has some, I'll get back to you and get your address.

https://www.ostomy211.org/resources/assistance-programs/

;O)

Torresbeto
Reply to Daughter

I use Medical Monks myself. If you set up a basic account, you get free shipping for orders over $89. You can also sign up to receive text messages for special discounts. Recently got 15% off. Plus, they have pretty good customer service including a chat function. Finally, they offer memberships for additional savings.

Superme

Try eBay or Amazon. DW Diabetes also has reasonable prices.

MOST52
Reply to HenryM

Yes, Better Health will sell you supplies out of pocket. Great company with excellent service. I have a sister who buys from them because her doctor refuses to issue authorizations because of her refusal to leave the house to see the doctor or anyone else.

Feb9HH

I'm not sure if you have tried this route. Coloplast has a program where they will send you free supplies for 3 months. You can also ask for an extension if necessary. I had to do that following my surgery. Try giving them a call and asking about their program. Worth a shot.

Beth22
Reply to w30bob

I was in a huge jam and I tried 2-1-1 along with every outlet that the UOAA had listed. When I tried the 2-1-1, it didn't give me any options for ostomy supplies, and I didn't have any success with the others listed either. Unfortunately and sadly, which is beyond frustrating when we can't get help when needed.