Do you have to pay for your supplies?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Counting My Blessings
NO! not unless there is a snag in delivery or the faxing of the prescription and I have to go to the local medical supply to hold me over.

If all goes well, Blue Cross pays for the same supplies Medicare allows for. Since I only need bags, I know I can get 2 boxes of 10 bags (or 20 total) per month. When I was using 3 bags a day, I DID have to pay for extra bags. Since the second colostomy, things are great and I have plenty of bags.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Counting My Blessings
I don't know if you will save any money at Cymed, but I don't need anything except the bags and clamps anymore. And they end you large twist ties. I don't trust them and still use the pink curved clamp for my one-piece drainable pouch with the microderm plus washer. I never need the adhesive remover, skin prep, caulking or powder with this product. And the micro skin adhesive patch never bothers my skin in the heat and humidity in Florida.

So, perhaps you could cut down on expenses with this product, if you can also get to where all you need to purchase is bags. I believe Cymed will send you a sample.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
wondering if
I want to live in England so I won't have to worry about affording my supplies in the near future. Also, I want to live where I can try those new flushable ostomy bags, without having to pay, of course. Any Brits want a roommate or a mail order wife in her fifties? I'm divorced and all my children are going to be famous movie stars, artists, singers, and designers, so they'll surely jet across the pond to see me now and then. Or I could stay in America and just take a long swim in the Pacific ocean when I run out of money for supplies. I wouldn't mind being dead, but I'd miss that odd sensation and the ptt ptt noise when a flatus blows through my stoma and into my ostomy bag. People who never feel that just haven't lived like we have, have they? Or how did we ever exist without experiencing the sheer delight of wiping shit out of a bag, dropping it into the toilet, and snapping the never-to-be-truly-clean-again bag back on to the wafer? I suppose I'll have to find another job with insurance soon. But I'm so tired. I could sleep for eternity, and be just as happy.
wondering if
I was just kidding, by the way. I'm neither suicidal nor desperate to marry an Englishman. However... I would love to live in England and try to flushable bags.
Past Member
I thought it was my lucky day for a minute then lol, I'm single and an Englishman!
We are very lucky in the UK not having to pay for ostomy supplies.
Glad your ok.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Angelicamarie

Hey Charuthukukral, thanks, food for thought, so what if you was long winded you gave some good info . Thanks I will check into that!!! Angelicamarie