Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,297 members

Are there any married couples, both with a stoma?

Would you like an equally ostomized partner for life?
Yes I would
58%
58%
[ 17 ]
No I would not
6%
6%
[ 2 ]
I don´t know / never thought about it
34%
34%
[ 10 ]
Total Votes : 29
Posted by cagabolsa, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:24 am
To avoid lengthy non-related threads, please only answer if you do know of a couple, or if you are in this situation yourself.

Just out of curiosity I would like to know if there is anybody out there, actually married to another ostomate?
If so, do you/they both have an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy, or a combination of either one of them.

I have googled this question and did not find an answer.

Okay okay, if you live together, you can also expose yourself   

Thank you, bye bye
Reply by bikerboy, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:34 pm
hello cagabolsa
In my 2 years of having my ileostomy I havent heard of any couple both with an married ostomy.But one of the biggest problems that I have seen on this site that when one of the couples did have an ostomy there was almost always a divorce..Its just what Ive read on these pages.But personally I think it would be fun.And if the chance comes for me to find love again I will look for an ostomate first.
bikerboy greg
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:39 pm

cagabolsa wrote:

er...... yes, i would like to expose myself............. i have an osty-mate. sure makes it easier if there are any strange noises at night...i just ask...was that you or me...???
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 pm

mild_mannered_super_hero wrote:

cagabolsa wrote:

er...... yes, i would like to expose myself............. i have an osty-mate. sure makes it easier if there are any strange noises at night...i just ask...was that you or me...???  

And yes I can vouch for that as I am mild mannered's osty-mate!     I have been here in Kentucky for the past 8-9 months living with the superhero and ain't it just grand!

So distance should not be a problem for anyone wishing to hook up here (two continents and the pacific ocean being quite the distance)!

Cheers,

Jo x  
Reply by gutenberg, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:16 pm
Just let me say, all this exposing has made me very happy, Ed
Reply by Pinky, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 pm
How did you two actually "meet" in person, with such an enormous geographic distance between you?  BTW - there's an awful lot of "smile-y" faces on your posts...you are obviously having TOO much fun in Kentucky!            
PS - Jo, you know that all of us gals on this site wish we had MMSHs too!       Wink
Reply by Tiggy, on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 pm
I have never heard of or known a couple who were both ostomates, though I do know a number of couples personally where one has an ostomy and the other does not.

As for me, I am a non ostomate, living with and deeply in love with a man who has no colon due to colitis. We are very happy. Smile
Reply by lottagelady, on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:40 am
Isn't exposing oneself illegal in most places??

Rach xxxxxx
Reply by baba, on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 pm
I met an ostomate on this site!!  He has since had a reversal ( successful I might add) and it has been a truly wonderful 15 months.!!
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:18 pm

cagabolsa wrote:
If so, do you/they both have an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy, or a combination of either one of them.  

Forgot to mention I have an ileostomy and MMSH has a colostomy (and both are permanent fixtures).

I also know of other couples who have met on here but who wish to remain anonymous.

Cheers again,

Jo x  
Reply by tippitop, on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:55 pm
I met my partner on this site, we both have ieostomies.We have much more in common than the stomas but it sure helps!

Tippitop
Reply by NancyAnn, on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 pm
Hi, I just wanted to say I met someone on this site as well. He lives in the UK but comes to visit and we both have urostomies. It is funny because we have similar situations even though we are from opposite sides of the world.
Reply by jayson, on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 am
hello! we are a 37 year old couple that both have an ostomy...mine was the result of bladder cancer and hers was a bladder birth defect...we definately have our share of problems..but we are very happy and have been together for 25 years! have a great day everyone!!
Reply by Tampabay, on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:14 pm
just wondering where do you leve in Sarasota?I live in Bredentonmayby we could meet.
Maria
Reply by nogutz, on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:41 am
Hello

WOW! Look at them results!  I myself think it would be easier and less explaining, A partner that just knows! and that enough. I do wish it was that easy. I do see alot of people on this site that have lost their relationships, and sorry to here. After the Stoma and You come home from the hospital.  Seems to be the story ..... with in the year for me,and thank goodness for that.  Oh someday I will be lucky as You couples. I think you would be able to focus on the relationship, with both of you having the same medial background somewhat.

Take care    No gutz
Reply by bes0642, on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm
Rach your too much! Very Funny! Bob
Reply by lottagelady, on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 pm

bes0642 wrote:
Rach your too much! Very Funny! Bob

Tee hee! xx
Reply by bikerboy, on Sun May 20, 2012 6:35 am
hello pinky I guess you have heard my latest calling, the dreaded reversal
Reply by single in wisconsin, on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:04 pm
lol lol who made the noise first was soooodam funny cause its the truth
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.