The Best Belt Ever

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Chris1
When I first got my bag of tricks, there was no one I could find that knew a thing... no ostomy nurse... nothing. My first belt was the elastic part of a back brace... cut it off and threw away the rest of the new brace. It was only 3" wide, so it didn't cover the whole bag and was a little too heavy.
Then I tried a cummerbund from a formal men's wear store... that was something trying to explain why I didn't care about color or style. I looked and worked better but was a bit expensive, I thought.
Then I found the internet... this site and a few ostomy belts, but wow... the prices were unbelievable... for me anyway. I gave in and bought one, and it was nice with the inner pouch and all and certainly looked better. When it began to wear some, I bought a different make, and the results were about the same.
Then I got a brainstorm... I got online and purchased a woman's black stretch tube top without the cup impressions... just a straight top. It cost me a whopping $3.99 and $3.75 shipping, I think it was. It works great... all day long... at night... with any clothing and great for swimming... it wicks away the water fast. I just ordered 3 more in different colors.
For the price... give it a try... I think most everyone would agree it's a pretty sweet deal.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

beyondpar

Where's the website? Can you hyperlink it on here? I tried Googling it and couldn't find what you were talking about. Michael

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
jazzsilk

Chris1,

Great idea!
Could you post some pictures and/or the website where you purchased the product?

Thanks,
Keith

Beans_Momma322
http://www.tubetopstore.com/item/8998865/velcro+wrap/

That one looked like it would work well... I was using something similar to that for a while, but it got eaten by the washing machine. The site that this is on is basically all tube tops, anyway, so I'm sure you can find something on there!

This is a great idea!
Hazeleyes8

Spandex shorts, like jogger shorts.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Shelly2011

I have purchased the belly bands for pregnancy and they work pretty well. I have also purchased a wrap from Ostomy Secrets. They run about $25.00 each. The only thing you have to think about is the drying time when you wash it. It has to air dry. I also have a Stealth Belt now and I don't think it works very well when someone has a small stomach and hips. The belt keeps trying to ride up to the waist. I have issues with finding things that look right on me and don't show my ostomy. My ostomy is located right at my waistline. Does anyone else have this issue?