Zumba and Yoga Pants: My New Adult Adventure!

Replies
Views
dee05

Well, I decided that it was time for me..... I joined Zumba and it's actually killing me ha ha ha just kidding. The whole idea was for me to be with adults rather than children. As most of you know, I've been running a daycare for 20 years, so not a lot of adult conversation. So, I thought, what a better way to get out and meet people and test out my new yoga pants. I was a little nervous at first, as you know, yoga pants don't leave much hidden. And if my Lucy (which I call my colostomy bag) was going to make itself present in the form of a gurgle or inflating in such a way that my fellow Zumba ladies would wonder what is she hiding in those yoga pants, but I am very pleased to say all has gone great so far. I decided to purchase some more tightly fitted underpants (spandex), sorry gentlemen, don't know how else to say it without coming right out and saying it ha ha.... And PERFECT, they are snug enough to put pressure on my Lucy, therefore no one is the wiser!! Also, a great idea when wearing a dress that is more clingy. The best ones are microfiber control top. Everyone can benefit from a little support up top, so why not kill two birds with one stone....

Next is slow pitch... can't wait for baseball. I love the sport and have played pitcher from 9 years old until I was 17, so should be interesting.

Just saying.......

Have a great evening, my friends. Take care and stay safe.

Dee

Past Member

Hi Dee. Sounds like you're having fun getting back to reality. I tried Zumba and it wasn't for me, a little too fast. I do aerobics and Tai Chi, and many other things like stepper and a device I bought called Twister. All seems to be going well, but I have to be careful with my back. Love meditation which goes with the Tai Chi. Have done yoga in the past. I have never encountered any problems with outfits when keeping fit in the past. Lol, I've just slowed down a lot, hence Tai Chi and meditation, great for stress. It's nice that you're enjoying life once again. Take care, Ambies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,374 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

You are awesome, Dee. I am going to join Zumba after my surgery. The doctor said I had to maintain my weight, so I have to wait until after August to get started. I have found that stretchy pants, although tight and revealing, can hide ostomies quite well. Except when they start gurgling and talking. I am so glad to read you are doing so well. I wish you much happiness and wellness. Mandy.

Juuust_James

I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week doing both free weights and cardio on either the bikes or ellipticals, but I cannot hang in those fitness Zumba or boot camp classes - I'll be laid out for 3 or 4 days - that's when I really feel my age LOL

Past Member

The Zumba is way too much for me, lol. I looked at it once and that was enough. I was worn out, lol. So now I have my own routine of fitness I've worked out. Also, I do Tai Chi. I find that very relaxing and destressing. Ambies...

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Juuust_James

LOL, my problem was that the intense cardio was more than enough to handle - and they want me to incorporate dance steps too! O.o That's where I said NO THANKS! Haha

Past Member

Lol, I can't fault you on that one. It's more than one can ask. I sent my Zumba pack straight back asap, lol. Ambies.