Then I will be completely nude.

and we can both be seen as ‘rude’”.

“When wanting sex becomes your aim

bags and baggage are the same.

For each can carry so much shit.

and that may be the crux of it.”

B.Withers 2012

Primeboy

Well said, Bill. Your poem is a great description of how we respond or may respond to the nagging curiosity some people have about how our ostomies affect our sexual activities. Seeing this discussion cast in poetic form, however, I was immediately reminded of the following lines from a Yeats' poem entitled "Crazy Jane Talks with the Bishop" where Jane gives an arrogant hypocrite a real lesson in life and love: "But Love has pitched his mansion in the place of excrement; for nothing can be sole or whole that has not been rent." It's a fairly short poem but has great value to folks challenged by the body-image self-worth delusion. Check it out. PB

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Primeboy,Thank you for your supportive comments and the introduction to crazy Jane.I met that crazy Jane today who sent the bishop on his way.If she'd have lived within my life I would have loved her for my wife.Best wishesBill
Bill
I got on a roll with this one so I continued with a similar vent on ostomy smell ( see blog!) I hope this isn't one verse too much. Best wishes Bill
WOUNDED DOE

Very cool poem, I like it very much....and Prime Boy you have me looking up Yeats now :) I'm sure this topic has affected most of us at some time in our lives and poetic verse does seem to soften the topic.....

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
christiesdad

I have had my reversal for some time now, so I don't experience what you describe about sex and the bag. But when I had the bag, it was not that much of a problem, as far as sex goes. Not even the odor. Hey, look at Tiki's photos and profile. Doesn't seem to bother her at all. As a matter of fact...