Grateful for Members' Support in Colostomy Bag Crisis

Replies
Views
autox200

I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the members that have responded to my emergency need for colostomy bags. You have been a blessing in disguise for me as I got nearer and nearer to having no bags at all because of the cluster crap that is happening with my insurance and my medical supply company. You have taken the stress and the weight off of my shoulders for helping me be able to get by long enough until I can get my supplies going again because of that stupid change in the medical insurance laws that has just taken effect. I have been using the same medical company for over 10 years and now had to find somebody new because they were no longer in network, and that change from going from someone I trusted which was Byram Healthcare to a totally new company that had no idea what I needed or any idea of how to get things going has really caused me so much stress. But now things are starting to look up because of the members here that have stepped forward and helped me. Thank you so much again from the bottom of my heart for everything that you guys have done.

For those of you that want to ask any questions about complications from having a permanent stoma, two things about what you can eat and what you can't eat, to questions about nutrition and vitamin deficiencies. Please feel free to message me because I have had mine for 10 years due to having anal cancer, I've had five hernia surgeries because of having the stoma, and I have had my stoma moved to three different locations because of the complications that a stoma can cause for people that have a very active life. So besides losing everything that I thought would be attached to the nether regions of the body, I have also had to have a total of 256 inches of my colon removed. Because I've had so much of my stomach removed, I have learned so much about what does digest, what doesn't digest, and what your body doesn't get from certain foods because it doesn't have parts of the body that need to pull those nutrients from the food you eat. So please feel free to message me if you have any questions that I might be able to answer. Again, God bless the members on here for everything that they have done for me today and yesterday.

Past Member

We are all grateful for the people on this website, you are at the right place. Mtnman

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,377 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

That is the way we roll! Pass a good deed on to another when you can!
Puppyluv

lovely

Yes, this is a good place to get help when needed or just discuss things on your mind.

britathrt60

This is a great place to vent frustrations... Lots of ostofriends on here to help... Take care.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Sassy pants

Hi
I am a new ostomate. How do you know you have a hernia? I think I may have one. It is bulging under my stoma and I believe it is causing constipation. I also am not a paying member yet. Since my emergency surgery on December 26, 2019, I am having financial difficulties. God bless you all.