Frankie and her timely need to pass gas LOUDLY

Replies
Views
Ostomy4life_22

Hello everyone 

i’m writing this out of peer embarrassment, but kind of humorous at the same time. I work for Walmart and I am very close to my front end Team Lead and we all joke around hang out with each other and have one other’s backs. This particular Team Lead he is my guidance. He has my back and I have his. Well today he was in the office finishing up his paperwork and I happen to be in there. I’m speaking with him as he asked me if I wouldn’t mind keeping tabs on the front end, while he was trying to finish his paperwork and answering questions from cashiers and customers. so I went to the office to ask on his input on a situation, and as I was sitting there, speaking with him, Frankie as what I call my ostomy she decided she wanted to let herself be known and passed the loudest gas ever. I was so embarrassed and my Team Lead he’s like goodness do you want to like shit yourself anymore. And I said you know I’m embarrassed enough. I’m leaving now. Goodbye.  so needless to say that was kind of a funny but embarrassing moment for me I was hoping it would never happen but it did and thankfully we both take it in stride and just laughed about it but I just I had a hard time looking at him for the rest of the day but at the end of the day he was like don’t feel embarrassed. OK I even passed gas and I’m like OK thanks . 

Beachboy

I was at CVS today picking up a prescription.  And Herb... decided to shout.  Poor cashier just stared at my.....Tummy lump.  I just smiled and carried on. 

Last Sunday after church, I was talking to a nice lady when... BRAPPPPPP.  My stoma let's loose.  So loud I thought I detected an echo.  I chuckled and said... "tummy relief valve."

With stomas, there's no such thing as "silent, but deadly." 

Hang in there.  Hasn't been a human born yet don't fart.  At least ours are funny.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Axl

You're lucky, mine makes no noise whatsoever ....

I have to do the armpit thing .....!

Maried

Happens to all of us..years from now the memory will make you 😃 laugh. I just tell people I have an extremely loud stomach rumblings and move on to the next subject..at least it does not stink up the room...it is still embarrassing:)

Mysterious Mose

I used to work for a germaphope and I chuckle whenever I think of what his reaction would have been if I had my ostomy when I was working and this happened. Being who I am, I would have probably said something to make him cringe. And maybe a side effect would have been less micro-managing and crashing my staff meetings. :-)

Daniel

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Beachboy

All right... new product.  Pacifier for stomas.  Pop it in, chill it out.

infinitycastle52777

That happened to me when I was getting checked in by a nurse to see doctor (who was not my ostomy doctor) and I was totally embarrassed. The room was totally quiet while she was entering something into a computer and my Marvin just let things rip. I was apologizing all over the place and explaining that it was my ostomy and that I can't control it. She was like "that's ok" and just went back to her work. I sat there for a good 5 minutes with a red hot face. There is a silver lining to it though the room didn't fill up with fart smell cuz it was all contained in my bag. LoL

Lee

Beachboy

And we always have the option.... around rowdy folks.. give old stomie a bag burp.  Gets everyone's attention right away.

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Beachboy

I had to burp my bag in the ER one time. And I was hooked up to an IV that I was told not to move my arm. So if you can imagine how it went. I held the bag with one hand and my mom, who was with me, used her hands to burp the bag. Fortunately no one came in the room while this ordeal was going on. It was a real scene.

Lee