Hello

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777

I have been quiet a few days trying still to deal with the manic stuff. I am doing better today with an increase to my medication and the addition of a narcotic sleeping pill. I am sleeping 2 hours a night now, hoping for more sleep soon. I have been heading to the gym at 5am to workout on the bikes for an hour. I have been baking stuff for the holiday season and that keeps me busy and my mind off of everything else. I miss you guys here though (guys meaning both males and females LoL). I hope to be back to regular posting soon. I am still falling apart health wise. But I gave "marvin" a shower today and a fresh new bag to destroy. He thanked me by pooping on my hand before I could even get the bag on. Oh well such is life. I am icing my ankle for the first time in a week or so. It just refuses to heal and behave. (I sprained it way way back in June and tore the tendon vertically rather than horizontally) Ever since it has refused to behave and I must wear a brace at all times (except in the shower). I even wear the brace to bed. Lately my output has been thick, I mean not formed or anything but thicker then it ever was before. Might be the iron I am taking as it happened right around the time I started taking iron. I haven't really changed anything else. But I have noticed that if I drink a glucena my output is higher volume and more liquid. Not sure why that is. Anyhow, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Thanks for listening.

Lee

Itsme58

Lee, one day at a time, I hope things get better for you and Marvin behaves. Your going through a lot, and your at the right place to vent, hugs and have a blessed day!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,500 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Nini4

Hi Lee,

I hope things get better for you soon. 

One day at a time is all we can do.

Take care

Morning glory

Hi Lee, glad you popped in for an update.  I  see you still have a sense of humor telling us about Marvin thanking you.  Iron will thicken your output.  Just as you and others have mentioned  one day at a time. Hopefully  you will start getting  more sleep. I hope your ankle heals soon. Hugs

Audrey Warren

Lee, my father was bi- polar big time. He was in and  out of hospitals because of manic episodes, often restrained. He was a  quiet, lovely man and it was painful to watch him suffer. Eventually he became so depressed he was in bed most of the time.

You are fortunate to articulate your frustration but that doesn't help the pain you experience with a disease that renders you helpless at times.
In addition to your mental affliction you have additional trials from physical ones, especially an Ostomy. 

Keep fighting the good fight and love yourself.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
infinitycastle52777
Reply to Audrey Warren

I am sorry your father struggles with Bipolar too. It can be unrelenting at times. I am finally starting to come down off my cloud now, hoping I don't crash and burn. My psych nurse says we are going to try to level off instead of crashing. I don't know, I have a bad feeling that it is not going to be as smooth as she thinks it is going to be. But as I said in another post, I did actually sleep 4 hours last night with about a hour between each set of 2 hours. One day at a time, one night at a time I guess.

Lee

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Morning glory

I try to keep up a sense of humor. It is one of the 7 resiliencies. Honestly I am usually not trying to be funny when it just happens. My mom thinks I am funny too but sometimes she thinks that when I am being dead serious. So I think sometimes it is unintentional. 

Lee

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Nini4

Yep, one day at time, one night at a time, one hour at time and sometimes even one minute at a time. 

Lee

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Itsme58

Marvin needs to learn to behave. In a couple weeks he will be 9 months old. It's about time he starts acting his age! 😜

Lee

Itsme58

Lee, your going to be okay!

Happy-but-Newbie

Dear Lee, 

wish I was closer and could come and hug you.

My husband is a fast cycling bipolar and with a bad habit of drinking to stop his thoughts hurting him...

His trigger is emotional stress...imagine what happened when I had my surgery...but then he fought and stayed sober as he knew I needed him....and I fought and stayed strong because I needed him to be well as I was unable to help while stranded in a hospital bed.

I hate when the "bad man" takes over, it changes his face, eyes and behavior....I hate that I cannot do anything to stop him from hurting inside and damaging himself.

You guys are wonderful for fighting to stay strong and stay with us, we love you sooo much...please rely on us, ask for whatever we can do to help, we will be there!

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Happy-but-Newbie

Thanks so much for your kind words. I think self medicating is a very common thing for people with bipolar. I used to drink a lot when manic but haven't drank since having my ostomy. I heard it's bad for the ostomy to drink. I also got seporated from drink for 7 years due to where I was living (in care). So that helped me stop drinking too. I'm sorry your husband has to deal with so much. My heart really goes out to the two of you. You must be very strong to stand by him no matter what he is going through. I am here to listen to you too and help in any way that I can.

Lee