Parasite Cleanse

Replies
Views
jwboing

I have taken measures over the years to rid my body of parasites.

I have not done this since I am carrying this bag.

In my past cleanses I have expelled worms thru feces.

Am concerned now that if I do a cleanse and these worms want to exit that this will clog my bag.

I am not debating the value of a parasite cleanse as I am convinced over the decades of these health benefits, I just want to learn how I should do it now with the bag?

AlexT

If you have so many worms that are big enough to clog your ostomy, you may need way more specialized medical help than any of us mere ostomates can provide. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

Do not eat worms.

warrior
Reply to xnine

laughing hysterically.

but Alex is right..

worms? this is new " shit".

more on point..assuming these worms don't look like night crawler worms, and more like those tiny white organisms you see on molding food, i see no reason to worry..

yur stoma sized hole is small enough and expands..to expell the tiny worms....your bag..unless its king kong sized worms flowing out wont clog..yur stoma will clog..with just one...

since so few of us never heard of worms being associated to pooping out of a stoma, please excuse our ignorance. seek more professional advice..ostomy nurse or doctor.

sorry.

Audrey Warren

I googled parasite cleanse and it is a valid concern for those who believe in body detoxing . 
Many of the questions / concerns posted here have answers on reliable sites like WebMD or Mayo Clinic.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
warrior
Reply to Audrey Warren

Very good follow up!! that's awesome!! see that's what we as a group can do..

follow up Google check things out for another person.. however ....do you think those sites actually provide information from an osty's point of view ?? that's all I think she's looking for ..a point of view from person who actually is going through this.... I mean I'm not judging I'm not trying to being impolite or  rude...a dick here.  but often times a lot of the information on these medical websites it's just basically General stuff ....while on this website you can get first-hand knowledge of what's going on and I think the previous two or three posts have said we've never seen anything like this...  it's kind of new but I mean hey that's a great follow up👍 it's a great idea I'm sure the original poster probably thought of that too.. but I'm thinking she probably wants a point of view from one of us and I hope she gets it I really do because this really seems weird..a lot of stuff comes out of you but I've never thought of worms obviously it has something to do with a drink maybe..  for a cleansing agent but for me??😵 no thank 👍 you but for anybody else hey!! you know blessings..🤗

IGGIE

Just remember we need some Bacteria to help this lots of our functions in our body, just be carful in doing your detox that you don't get rid of the good bacteria or you could make thing worse for yourself. Talk to your Doctor and don't be to paranoid about cleaning yourself out too much. Regards IGGIE