Spray remover cost

Replies
Views
warrior

$65.00 dollars for a 1.7 ounce can.

chloroplast adhesive remover on ebay. ???  what else is ridiculously over priced you have seen? 

sight sourse please.

w30bob

Yo Bro,

Are you talking about Coloplast Adhesive Remover?  You can find hundreds of ostomy related things on eBay that are ridiculously overpriced.  It's called 'fishing' and sellers do it all the time with pretty much everything.  As that famous investor David Hannum once said.............'There's a sucker born every minute'......and therefore at least 1000 sellers looking for him.  Just search for a product you want on eBay and change the sort to "Highest Price First" and you'll see what I mean.  But people must be buying stuff at these ridiculous prices.........or these sellers would go away.  Luckily, today we have a whole host of online shopping tools to let us quickly find the best price on things.  Hopefully people use them.  

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,589 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I get the remover spray cans free thru insurance if I want but I get the wipes and just buy a can or two once in awhile cause they last a long time. Bout $16/can if I remember right. 

warrior
Reply to w30bob

Yes you are correct ..it was listed I believe at one time for almost $8 a can and I bought about a dozen of them..

it just seems that you can't get it for under 20 bucks and when I saw this for $65 I had to say to myself what is wrong with these people trying to sell this stuff??

that's ridiculous ..I think the lowest price I found was $19 a can on eBay !!! ridiculous!! criminal.

warrior
Reply to AlexT

Lucky you!!!  to get the cans free from the insurance !!!  I never heard of that !!!  that's amazing!!! yeah you can find the cams for like $9 and then the shipping is like $12.00.. I just want to scream!! that's ridiculous!!  Criminal ....how could you get away with selling a can for $65 when I mean I think the cheapest I found it somewhere around 19 dollars and still that's a lot of money and I'm thinking edgepark sells them for 40 it's ridiculous.. it's totally insane😵

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beth22

There are other places to buy the adhesive remover spray. My insurance stopped covering it and that's all I can use so I have to pay out of pocket. Medical monks sells it for under 20 , and you can try other medical supply websites. 

warrior

thanks. beth.

will look into this.

greed. that's the only thing i see as reason for high cost.

i have hopes in finding it arouns ten bucks. wont hold breathe though. 

w30bob

Ok Hoss, I'm gonna hook you up.  Go to https://www.healthproductsforyou.com/p-coloplast-brava-ostomy-care-skin-barrier-spray.html where you'll find the adhesive remover you want for $10.95 each.  I put 10 in the cart to check shipping and the shipping was $12.99 total for all 10.  Add 7 bucks for tax and you can get 10 of these shipped to you for $129.  When you first go to the website a window will pop up offering you 15% off your order if you give them your email address so they can send you offers.  You can unsubsribe at any time.  You can also earn a 10% reward with the coupon code they provide.  Just let the ads scroll at the top of the screen and the coupon one is like the 2nd or 3rd.  You can also do their autoship and save more if you know how much you need and when you need it, but I'd buy in bulk as prices will surely rise in the future.  At least until we get a real President again.  I've used this site and they're good.  Easy to use and they ship fast.  Sign up for email updates and they'll let you know of any sales too.  Hope this helps.  Rock on Jersey Boy!

;O)

warrior
Reply to w30bob

MY HERO!🥰  Will check this out on lap top. Thank you kindly  OMBro.

w30bob

Oooops!  My bad.  Got the wrong product.  HERE is the one you want.  Free shipping with any order over $50.  I'd hate to lose that hero status!!

https://mycaresupplies.com/coloplast-brava-adhesive-remover-120105?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAk9itBhASEiwA1my_65F5lFuWVxC-J5XMd5xWgYT9JXxIiRCeRCD2JCrLyCvfaw30PIhiVhoCBwYQAvD_BwE

;O)

warrior
Reply to w30bob

Yeah baby that's what I'm talking about !!!

it's not what you know... it's who you know.. my hero prevails!

Two bags

For anyone living in Australia, my supplies are covered 100% by Medicare, all I pay is postage, $15au for each monthly order, there is also an association fee of $65 a year, ostomy fees payable each June.  Nearly everything is included,  hernia belts, wipes and all the lotions and potions. They recently took support pants off the list, as well as a coloplast wet wipes. I'm allowed two per month of the coloplast adhesive remover spray. Makes removing the base plate easy, especially for us with belly hair 😅 , the remover spray works well in the home and garage, for removing stickers, labels and glue residue 😁

Beth22
Reply to warrior

I completely agree .. especially when it comes to products that are essential to our needs I think it's  jacked  up to rack up the prices. 

AlexT

eBay is still a thing? I haven’t looked at that site in years. I never pay full price for anything, there’s always a deal to be had. 

JVM261
Reply to w30bob

It’s funny because I found really good prices on bags and barrier plates recently there but I guess it’s all hit or miss. I’m still fighting with my insurance to get me the good Hollister bags instead of the cheap ones.

AlexT
Reply to JVM261

What are good Hollister bags instead of the cheap ones? Or, did you mean you want Hollister instead of the brand you’ve bought on eBay? 

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

For me the 'good' Hollister bags are the softer non-see-thru bags with the roll-up closure (2-piece system).  They're much better than the ultra thin crinkly noisy plastic ones.  

;O)

RyaninWashington

https://www.shopostomysupplies.com/ 

I buy low cost. Quick shipping 

warrior

bob's recommended  site is cheaper from what i have seen.

the spray bottles offered are 11 bux and change each.. ordered five today.

this other site shows $17..ea.

check it out..