Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats: Thickening/Slowing Output

Replies
Views
CrappyColon

I made PEANUT BUTTER Rice Krispie treats the other week and found these were amazing at slowing things down for someone sans colon. 

tips:

1. Must use Jet puffed marshmallows (it does make a difference)
  2. Use butter not margarine (unless dairy is an issue, avoid Ghee it will affect flavor)
  3. Cannot use an off brand Rice Krispie cereal- it makes them too chewy (my kids are Rice Krispie snobs we’ve gone through a lot)
  4. and to further add to the snobbery Jif is gonna help it turn out better… try a store brand if you dare but do NOT use the natural ones where the oil separates…it will alter the results
mild_mannered_super_hero

One thing I can’t stand, cheap Rice Krispies 🤣🤣🤣

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

or store brand lucky charms.

they are not magically delicious. nope.😝

CrappyColon

I'm telling ya there's a difference in taste/texture 😆

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

I found a big box of just the marshmallows from Lucky Charms.  My daughter likes me to make 'starbucks rice krispie treats', the LC marshmallows make them more more fun :)

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
w30bob

Wow......listen to you cereal snobs!!  Of course there's a difference in texture, etc.......the generics are trying to copy the Kellogg's recipe.  Some get it righter than others.  I buy the cheap stuff.  I can get a huge 2lb bag of fake Rice Krispies for less than the price of the smallest real deal.  And as much as I eat...........it only makes sense.  Haven't tried the fake Lucky Charms, but General Mills has definitely cheaped out on the marshmallow shapes over the years.  The fake Sugar Smacks are dead on perfect.  Anybody remember my favorite childhood cereals.......Quisp and Quake?  

;O)

warrior
Reply to CrappyColon

hold the phone..no one ever finds a box.. a big box of just the LC marsh mellows.

Me suspect it was fabricated to exist. or site or source dear.

I'd be all over THAT box then passed out on floor with fruit loops added..  cause of death..sugar over dose.😆

really not a bad way to go out💀👹 

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

warrior
Reply to CrappyColon

heavens..there is a God.!!

falling to floor as i think of this. thanks.. thump. 

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

I would never lie to you about LC marshmallows (I think these are only for a limited time so best stock up if you're a true fan) 

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Your favorite childhood cereal must not have lasted long with a name like that. Wasn't there one with a cop cookie or something? My favorite childhood cereal was Basic 4.  I know.  

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Basic 4???  I don't think anything I say can top that.  

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

I still like it 😂 and still feed the raisins to squirrels b/c I can’t get myself to like raisins

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Just think of raisins as anorexic grapes!  See........isn't that easy?

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

They’re like dead shriveled up grapes. Who wants a dead grape?

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

There ya go. Rice Krispie treats with Lucky Charms marshmallows. And yes they scream: made by a mom 😝

warrior
Reply to CrappyColon

heavens..pinch me pinch.im dreaming..but still sqeeling on u to mom.

sorry jodi. this reply was meant for Bob. not you.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Here 

CrappyColon

🤢

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

Thanks, it made more sense once I knew it was for Bob 😆