Support for Adhesive Coupled Appliance

Replies
Views
aTraveler

I have begun to really like adhesive coupled wafers and pouches. They don't support ostomy belts since that could pull the coupling apart. It would be nice to have a way to add further support for the pouch. I use flange extenders and they work fine. There are wraps that are advertised as supporting the pouch. Do these wraps provide support w/o connecting around the flange/wafer? Is anyone using support for adhesive coupled appliances?

whackjob74

Hi, I don’t use the adhesive ones but have tried them so know what you are referring to. I have several stealth belts that I have found are comfortable and work well to support the bag and take the weight off of the flange. There are no clips so they are fine with the adhesive only type. They just need the measurement around the flange plate so they can tuck behind it. They are stretchy so will fit over and then sit behind it.  I also find them easy to wear the bag horizontally so it’s more out of the way. Hopefully that helps!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,589 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Roseviolet

I use a two piece system. Ordered Wirarpa undies from Amazon. Stretchy. There are two types, one with a narrow top band and one with a wider band. I use the wider band. Pouch gets tucked under the undies and is held securely in place.

Killshot_24523

I use a Stealthbelt with a Sensura Mio Flex appliance. It's an adhesive attached pouch.

aTraveler
Reply to Killshot_24523

Which Stealthbelt are you using 🤔 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister