Feeling useless

Replies
Views
JESAC78

I have so much pain in my small intestine because I have a new obstruction from Crohn's which i funny understand I haven't been having symptoms since I was ileostomy for years now 13... So they put me on TPN after a3 week hospital stay sent me home on it and scheduled for surgery 21 to remove this obstruction and possibly get a new stoma for the fourth time i keep getting hernia I'm so down about it all can get out of 🛏️ expect to go Dr appointment.

I feel hopeless 😔

Beachboy

Hang in there.  Many Ostomymates have had similar feelings.  I felt hopeless and lost when I was in the hospital last year.  Each day becoming weaker, with intense pain.  Doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong.  There came a point when I couldn't take it anymore.  I had lost 66 pounds, didn't eat or drink anything for a month, living on TPN.  In the depths of my despair, I asked God to help me.  As much as things went wrong for me, things suddenly went right.  I survived.  I have a hernia too.  Sucks.  But I live with it.

Never give up hope.  If possible, get a second opinion about your current situation.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,637 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

JESAC78
Reply to Beachboy

Thank you 💗

Beachboy
Reply to JESAC78

While in the hospital, my wife gave me a card with this Psalm.  I read it nearly everyday.

Psalm 18:6, 16

In my distress I called to the Lord;   I cried to my God for help.

From his temple He heard my voice;  my cry came before him, into his ears.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;  He drew me out of deep waters.

Morning glory

JESAC78, I agree with Beachboy. Please heed the advice. I love that Psalm too. You aren't  alone. 

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Downtown

Hang in there JESAC78, it's a one-day-at-a-time battle.