Mind over matter

Replies
Views
Rene

Regarding bag change after shower. Adrenaline rush is good. Just before end of your shower, think of something that really makes you angry. Hold on to that feeling for the duration of the bag replacement. You may have a much cleaner and easier replacement. 

aTraveler

Why do you need to feel anger to change your bag?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beachboy

What if I think of something that makes me horny?

warrior
Reply to Beachboy

only u dan..only you.

Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to Beachboy

Well....id think you be saying OH 💩  in more ways than one and I don't have crayons to explain that one in more detail 🤭

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ben38

Be careful you don't take all that anger & rage out on your stoma you want to avoid any more surgery

AlexT
Reply to Beachboy

Have you ever seen the statistics on how often guys think about that subject compared to women? 🤭

warrior
Reply to aTraveler

agreed. why anger?  who'd wanna be angry or have that emotion?

now back to beachboy and his pent up horny thoughts? 

will mr left hand or mr right hand help u out there...Sir?

Beachboy
Reply to warrior

I'm ambidextrous.  Both hands... full speed ahead.    

An exciting 10 seconds.....

Justbreathe
Reply to Beachboy

My guess would be - Useless appendages can get in the way….

AlexT
Reply to Beachboy

TMI. 

warrior
Reply to Beachboy

burger king commercial many many years ago:

"it takes two hands to handle the whopper"..

and more presently...you will" have it your way...at burger king.."".

Dogen\'s bag

@Rene

I had to work myself up every time I changed the bag for at least 6 months. I get it,  the anger sometimes was better than the dark hole that was self pity and loathing.  

I hope you pass through this phase unscathed.   :-)

Mysterious Mose

I prep myself by thinking about how good that naked shower is going to feel. Anger is the last thing on my mind. This doo-hickey I have hanging off my gut has allowed me to keep enjoying family and friends. Can't say I like it, but I also can't say I hate it. And the actual changing of the appliance only takes about 10 minutes, discounting time in the shower.

Daniel

IGGIE
Reply to Beachboy

I would give my right hand to be Ambidextrous. 

JVM261

I’ve been getting very emotional sometimes when changing the bag. I get angry. Especially when you have everything nice and clean, and the stoma starts spewing stuff out, and your skin burns. I get angry, but it passes. What makes me most angry is when people who don’t have a stoma tell me that I shouldn’t get angry because I respond to them with: “How would you handle it?” I do find that it’s much better when I’m calm but I’m not gonna punish myself on the days when the bag changes are hard on me, I’m not gonna hold in anger but I’m not gonna go looking for it.

Beachboy
Reply to AlexT

Me thinks it's 99.99999999992 %  of our waking hours.  The other .0000000000008 % we think about sports and beer.

Beachboy
Reply to IGGIE

This is how it happened:  In 1983 I had nearly 9 hours of surgery to remove my cancerous thyroid, lympth nodes, and lots of surrounding tissue.  Cancer had grown around my left side jugular vein.  When the surgeon removed it... the vein burst.  Somehow he fixed it, but I lost a lot of blood.  I spent a long time in intensive care.  Eventually I recovered enough to confer with my surgeon.  He said I'd probably suffer from nerve damage and maybe cognitive changes from such an extensive surgery.  Right away I discovered I couldn't talk.  My left vocal fold  (chord) was paralyzed.  Months later, my friends noticed I was using my left hand while eating.  I'm normally right handed.  Sure enough, as time went by, I used my left hand more than my right.  I can now write left handed as well as my right hand.  And that is how I became ambidextrous.

I underwent 2 years of vocal therapy and regained my voice, though it is very low and hoarse.