A Clever Bathroom Storage Solution: My Lifesaver Drawer by the Toilet

Replies
Views
NicGiy
Feb 22, 2024 4:57 pm

I've found storage has always been a big issue. In the beginning, I always had a big mess piled up on the bathroom sink, was running back and forth to the closet where I had the supplies stored, and trying to put on a new outfit. I found an ideal way to deal with this. In most of our bathrooms, we have a small drawer that opens up right beside the toilet. Personally, I sit on the toilet to change my outfit when it is time after a shower. I'm attaching two photos of what I did to the small drawer by my toilet. It is a lifesaver. Good luck, and I wish you well and all the happiness in the world.

Login to see image

AlexT
Feb 22, 2024 7:20 pm

The bulk of my supplies are in either dresser drawers or a closet, which I just rearranged and found out I have about 15 months of supplies from my prescription, but I only use a fraction of each month, so my oldest stuff I got in 12/22. I mark the month/year on each box so I use the oldest stuff first. I also keep some remover wipes/spray and deodorant/lubricant on the bathroom counter.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

kittybou
Feb 22, 2024 7:47 pm

I wish there were room in my bathroom for a cabinet. All I have is under the sink for storage. The towels and washcloths are there.

How in the world did people in the 1930s store stuff?

Morning glory
Feb 22, 2024 8:07 pm

I have a very small drawer in my bathroom. I keep several of my supplies in there as well.

Ben38
Feb 22, 2024 8:13 pm

You're much more organized than I am. I keep mine in the bottom of my wardrobe. I have a box of tissues with one bag and adhesive remover spray on top of it, ready for my next bag change.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
TerryLT
Feb 22, 2024 10:00 pm

I keep the bulk of my supplies in a tote, in my bedroom closet, and a much smaller amount in a dresser drawer next to the bathroom. I take out the essentials that I need to change my appliance just before doing so. I don't want to store supplies in the bathroom as I'm concerned that the humidity in there might shorten their lifespan. A cool, dry place is best.

Terry

kittybou
Feb 23, 2024 12:06 am
Reply to TerryLT

Ha! Why didn't I think of that!

The hallway here is huge! I can get a plastic cabinet cheap from the thrift store! What a great day today! The test came back with no cancer, and now I know what to do with supplies. Thank you!

Morning glory
Feb 23, 2024 12:26 am
Reply to kittybou

Oh yes, what great news you had. You should share on a separate post.

TerryLT
Feb 23, 2024 4:10 am
Reply to kittybou

Yeah! Happy to hear your good news!

Terry

Beachboy
Feb 23, 2024 6:04 am

I use plastic totes from Home Depot.

One huge tote for storage of extra wafers/bags, barrier ring supplies. A medium-sized tote for boxes of remover wipes/spray, support belts, gloves, stoma powder, deodorizer, and lube. And a small tote with wafer change time stuff: ostomy scissors, barrier rings, remover wipes/spray, barrier spray/swabs, bags, gloves, and Cetaphil soap.

Each tote fits on top of the other, smallest tote on top. Push the whole thing into a corner.

Downtown
Feb 24, 2024 10:13 am

Similarly, I've dedicated a drawer in my bathroom for immediate supplies and keep bulk supplies in a closet.

Hisbiscus
Mar 12, 2024 11:59 pm

I bought a plastic 3-drawer container dresser type that I keep in the bedroom. I have a hospital bedside table that I keep in the bathroom. I set everything up on that for changing.

B@tLady
May 31, 2024 3:37 pm
Reply to kittybou

I'm using an over-the-door shoe holder on the inside of the linen closet. It saves me a ton of shelf space and makes it really easy to see. I get what I need for a change and lay it on the vanity counter. If I had to use the back of the bathroom door, I'd attach a curtain to the top to cover everything, with maybe a rod or other weights in the bottom to keep it in place.

kittybou
May 31, 2024 5:32 pm
Reply to Downtown

This house has one closet. It was built in the 1930s. I have my clothes in it. I would love to find an affordable armoire with a bunch of drawers in it and put it in the hallway. That would hold plenty of supplies.

Beachboy
May 31, 2024 7:25 pm
Reply to kittybou

Excellent news about your cancer test.

Beachboy
May 31, 2024 7:32 pm
Reply to AlexT

Good point. I have a huge amount of ostomy supplies. I must begin marking, then using the oldest stuff. Now that I'm on Medicare, I'll get fewer supplies.