Need supplies

Replies
Views
Meri ostomate

I'm in desperate need of ostomy supplies and accessories. I need.barrier rings,skin Seals, pouches any 38mm not picky,skin barrier wipes, adhesive remover spray or wipes, extenders, powder, ostomy scissors, tape. I recently had surgery can't work and have no insurance or income, don't qualify for assistance. Please please please help me out I'm new to this. I need supplies ASAP I'm running out of what the hospital gave me and don't know where or how to get more for free or Shipping.

Edited post I use Hollister 1or2pc bags but any brand will do.some I've used from Hollister 89511,18194,18134,8958,8918New image Cera flange11204. Stoma 38mm, I need accessories also. Brava seals,rings,adhesive remover and skin barrier wipes.or spray doesn't matter, deodorizer, scissors, bags, preferably opaque not see.thrubut any will work.I am looking for 1 piece convex drainable pouches

Stoma ring

Stoma powder

Thanks

AlexT

Contact your local ostomy group. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,585 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Riva

I see you’re from Florida . Check out Osto Group in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida ..

ron in mich

Hi Meri ostomate have you contacted the suppliers, they might have a program for unemployed that cant pay for supplies. 

AlexT

Medicaid or Medicare?

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Rose Bud 🌹

If your NOT working you should have NO problem with getting on Medicaid to cover your supplies...I still had my insurance  form work while in the hospital and once it got to the point where I should file for Disability my social worker helped me get on it so I'd have supplies when I got home...Just because you may NOT be qualified for SNAP doesn't mean ur NOT qualified for Medicial Assistance...BUT in the mean time reach out to local groups...get free samples from suppliers untill you get what u need....The hospital should beable to help you. 

Cplumber

Contact ostomy211.org or WOC nurse at local hospital 

Hisbiscus

Someone on here in another post mentioned kindred box. The ostogroup in palm beach may help you.  What a horrible experience for you. I get nervous when my stuff is late. I can't even imagine. Apply for medicaid asap!!

Meri ostomate
Reply to AlexT

Don't qualify for either 

AlexT
Reply to Meri ostomate

How is that? You should easily qualify. 

Meri ostomate
Reply to AlexT

I was told by state of Florida I don't qualify for assistance because I don't have any dependents or I'm not taking care of anyone I'm in the process of getting a lawyer

AlexT
Reply to Meri ostomate

You’re the dependent, trying to take care of yourself. 

Kas

Ok for some reason my post aren’t showing up.  I found 3 of your kind of bags and barrier; a bunch of foldable rings, 2 boxes of the barrier strips and then 3 packages of the barrier film for you to try.  Send me your address and I’ll mail them to you on Thursday

Meri ostomate
Reply to Kas

9796 NW county road 225

Starke Florida 32091