Is Eating Granola Safe to Add to Yogurt?

Replies
Views
Ostomy4life_22
Mar 04, 2024 4:51 pm

Hi everyone!

I was wanting to ask about eating granola. I was wanting to add some granola to my yogurt and other things. Do you think this may cause a blockage or something more serious?

Thanks for your advice and input.

Mindy

Ben38
Mar 04, 2024 5:01 pm

I can eat it without any problems, but I can't say if you can. Just try a small amount and see how it goes; it's the only way.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
Mar 04, 2024 5:21 pm

Welcome Mindy..🤗

Train of thought is to always chew chew chew.. and start off little by little..

Nice snack idea.

AlexT
Mar 04, 2024 5:35 pm

Try it in small amounts first. You may have a large amount of output once it comes out since it's basically fiber.

Morning glory
Mar 04, 2024 7:20 pm

I sprinkle a very small amount on my yogurt without a problem, but there again, chew, chew, and chew again. You won't know until you try it.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
infinitycastle52777
Mar 04, 2024 9:56 pm

Do you have a colostomy or an ileostomy? This can make a difference in what you can eat safely. Agree though if you are going to try it, try a small amount at first and see how that goes before diving in.

Doe1mama
Mar 10, 2024 2:10 pm

Finally, 2 years after my husband's ileostomy, he tried cashews. He just made sure to chew really well and had no problem. Like they always suggest, try a little the first time. The only thing we're still leery of him trying is corn. And I know a lot of the members eat it without issue.

Â