Osto-Ring Study

Replies
Views
Littlefish

Has anyone participated in the Osto-Ring Study?  I believe it is related to the Hollister 2pc Pouch.  

w30bob

I sent for info, but haven't heard anything back.  I belive the prior trail study was restricted to Hollister 2-piece barriers, but this time it's anyone's 2 piece.  But I could of course be wrong.  I'll let you know for sure when I get my info.

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,589 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi Little,

I finally got an email response back from the guys doing the OstoRing study.   Here's what they say:

The OstoRing® is a surgical grade stainless steel ring and is an add on modifier to the Hollister 2-piece drainable ostomy pouch (this product is only compatible with the Hollister system).  The OstoRing® requires a small adjustment to normal changing procedures. It connects between the flange on the skin barrier seal and the flange on the pouch. This connection tightens and improves the seal between your abdomen and pouching system due to the OstoRing® carrying the weight of the pouch instead of the adapt barrier ring wafer so that the seal remains flat against your abdomen resulting in the connection remaining intact, leakproof, and durable. The OstoRing® aims to increase ostomy bag wear time and prevent leakage.

So there you have it.  I'd say just don't let your bag get so full, but what do I know?  I'm just glad there's people out there trying to invent ostomy products to make our lives better!  Gotta luv that!

;O)

Littlefish
Reply to w30bob

hi w30bob, thanks for the info, haven't used a lot of 2pc but willing to try anything that allows greater activity and leak-free confidence.  I will keep an eye out for the Osto-Ring if it moves from trial to market.  thanks again

daanders2

I applied But They will not deal with a Canadian

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister