Issues with ConvaTec 2-Piece Urostomy Pouch Not Draining Properly

Replies
Views
Ravna666
Mar 11, 2024 2:31 pm

I am currently using ConvaTec 2-piece urostomy pouch and flange. I'm wondering if anyone has had issues where the urine pools around the stoma and doesn't properly drain into the pouch?

warrior
Mar 11, 2024 4:28 pm

Hi and welcome. A double bagger? I read your profile. A nurse too.

So cool.

I can't help you but am sure others will chime in to do so.

Sit back. You are in the right place.

How far are you from Manhattan?

Upstate?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NurseAnita
Mar 11, 2024 11:39 pm

When you are lying down, it will surely pool around the stoma, but when you sit up, it will drain. Urine on and around the stoma is normal. The barriers swell and get all poofy too after a few days, and urine usually seems to find a way out, but if it bothers you, change it. FYI, most urostomates do best with convexity, and ConvaTec makes a great precut convex barrier.

Bryce
Mar 12, 2024 2:37 am

Hi - first question would be: Do you use a wafer? I find they protect the area around the stoma very well. For the past 8 years, I have made a one-piece using a Coloplast two-piece adhesive. Coloplast has come out with a one-piece, convex, pre-cut that is working well. Lightweight, small, pliable. If you are interested, I can send you the product numbers (although they may be different in the USA) so you can request samples. Best, Bryce PS Both setups drain well.

Ravna666
Mar 12, 2024 12:44 pm
Reply to warrior

Hi Warrior! Yep, a double bagger here πŸ™‚ from upstate NY.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Ravna666
Mar 12, 2024 12:50 pm
Reply to NurseAnita

Hi Nurse Anita!

You're right, urine does pool when lying down, but my pooling occurs when being upright as well. I do use the convex flange and have always had to trim the degraded stomahesive around the stoma every couple of days or so. Even with a clear stomal area, or a changed pouch, it still pools. Maybe it's just a normal defect in the pouch?

warrior
Mar 12, 2024 8:08 pm
Reply to Ravna666

.....hmm upstate ...so should we gentlemen on here be concerned about the last three numbers 666 at all? ☺️.. hoping it's your bday..πŸ˜€πŸ˜†

Β 

Ravna666
Mar 19, 2024 3:03 pm
Reply to warrior

LOL… just a huge fan of scary movies. 😁

warrior
Mar 19, 2024 5:29 pm
Reply to Ravna666

The Shining? Classic.