Formaldahyde

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

I've noticed some ostomy deoderants have DMDM HYDANTOIN in them which is a formaldehyde releaser. They put it in there to kill bacteria but how safe could this be so close to a stoma and if your a rinser. I think M9 in my experience has been the safest and most effective. 

I found one shampoo I was using had this in it as well and had class action lawsuits over it. Of course i ditched it. 

These days we have to watch everything in our products. Like all of our products. 

AlexT

You read and investigate all the ingredients in everything you use? 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,596 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

No I do not unless I start having and issue. I go back to what i was using different and try to figure out what may have been the problem. That is how i ran across this finding. Eye opening to say the least. 

Nothing wrong with learning eh?

CrappyColon

Another life ago when I was in nursing school (I'm not a nurse so no one ask for medical advice) every specimen we studied that had been part of a person/thing was stored in formaldehyde...what was stored in a freezer was still covered in it.  My eyes watered so much I started wearing glasses and taking benadryl on lab days. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to CrappyColon

I believe it.. It's strong stuff. Nothing i want near my stoma. 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister