with people dying everywhere
and few folk left to tend and care.

Imagine being without food,
waiting for life to conclude
and yet, while in the thick of it,
you’re coping with your stoma’s shit.

B. Withers 2024

Justbreathe

Can’t even begin to tell you how much I have imagined this very desperate situation….

war is so heartbreaking 😥

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,630 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

aTraveler

Those who declare war should be the first to go and lead the troops. Diplomacy would then become more common.

Justbreathe
Reply to aTraveler

and with no helmet or weapon….

Bill

Hello aTraveler.( & JB)
I think you may well be right in sending the warmongers to fight with or without helmets. However, I am not so sure about them ‘leading the troops’. Perhaps an alternative would be to send them on their own.
Resolving conflicts is a huge, multi-faceted, complex subject area, especially so, now that the human race seems to have evolved into a species that ’believe’ they are ‘right’ to feel entitled to be greedy (selfish) on all sorts of levels and in a multitude of different ways.
Some of them appear to enjoy being cruel and killing things (including their own species).both in war and in peacetime. 
Past and present wars around the globe have resulted in many sleepless nights for me, which have led to a plethora of poems surrounding the subject. 
However, not everyone wants to be reminded that there is a great potential for absolutely everyone on Earth to be affected by war, if enough warmongers climb to high-ranking positions of political power around the globe.
Powerful people are greedy for power and are seemingly blind (or short-sighted) as to the consequences of some of their actions to achieve and maintain their perceived power status. 
As WW3 seems to be becoming an increasingly likely scenario, I feel that (as with climate change and the proliferation of nuclear waste), there should be a fundamental rethink of human morals, values and human behaviour before it is too late.
Best wishes
Bill

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister