Princess Kate

Replies
Views
dmo101

My theory on all the hub-bub on Kate and the LONG recovery is she had to have a temporary ostomy due to that surgery she had.  She did not want to do any public appearances with an ostomy bag.

Just my theory.

Beachboy

Into every life:  Rich, poor, famous, peon, and Royalty.... some rain will fall.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,619 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

Along with waste, our ostomy bags carry a great deal of other shit - namely the ostomy stigma- if indeed this is the case…what a grand opportunity for the royals to embrace the possibilities of erasing this stigma ?  Wondering if Diana would have considered this?  jb

AlexT

I just don’t get the fascination with trying to figure out what she has/had. None of our business. Hope she recovers, gets over her cancer and goes on about her life. 

Ben38

No point playing guessing games there's good selection of cancer's it could be just hope it's been caught early and wish her well and hope she makes speedy recovery.

I know people with ostomy's that say they haven't even told there parent's they have one there life there choice.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Beachboy

It not possible to hide my colostomy, too big.  Also, I was at church yesterday talking with friends when:  Burrrrrap!  My stoma decides to imitate a fog horn.

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Beachboy

They do choose just the right moment to let one rip...

GraceFalls

I did wonder about a possible ostomy. Yes, I zoomed in on pictures to see if there was a pouch. 
All should have privacy. 
It would be nice if someone famous talked about living with an ostomy. 
I have told all my relatives but not my grandchildren. They are 2 and 5. The eldest asked me why I always lock the bathroom door. I told her I like to poo by myself. Changing clothes around them is tricky. 
Just thinking it would be nice if an ostomy was accepted in our society. 

Panko

Yes it crossed my mind too she was or is a bagger??

There was a rumour the Queens Mum had a bag too.??? 

Hisbiscus

So sad. She's so young but I guess none of us can hide from cancer if it wants to get us. I thought  the same, wondering if she had to be bagged. She may come out later after she kicks it's butt to tell us of her experience.

FreddyD

Surely we can stop putting this young family under the microscope for everything. If Katherine has a stoma I am sure that she would tell people that this is the case.  Let this poor family deal with the cancer and when they have come to terms with it I am sure we will find out all about it. I know that my ileostomy was an emergency operation and I am still coming to terms with it three months later. 

vanestag
Reply to GraceFalls

When my grandchildren were little, I had a special name for my stoma. Just I always referred the noise to it being “Lucy” just making noise, or she needed her clothes changed. They are now 25 and 23 years old and we are still talking about Lucy! 

ahynes111
Reply to GraceFalls

Might be a tad tarumatic for a child...but it wasnt so bad when my grandmother comes out in wee hours of the night with no TEETH!