SG-1 weight loss injections

Replies
Views
laurieq62

Has anyone tried Wegovy or one of the others for wieght loss?   I was so happy to be able to finally eat and live like a normal person that I got a little carried away.  😆. I am having difficulty loosing the wieght and not sure if not having a colon, these types of drugs should be tried.

AlexT

I’ve never tried it but a couple guys at work have. They definitely lost weight. The list of possible side effects would keep me from trying it…… I’d rather stay pleasantly plump over having any of those issues. 🤷‍♂️ Everyone wants a magic pill to be in shape, there’s nothing better than changing your diet, you can eat lots of healthy foods, and getting up and moving to whatever extent you can. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,532 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Kas

I’ve never taken it but I prescribe a lot of it (Nurse Practitioner).  It can cause some serious GI upset, diarrhea and delayed gastric emptying- which is likely why it works.  You feel nauseated and full a lot of the time.  I will say it’s been a lifesaver for my morbidly obese patients.
Also, many insurance companies will not pay for it and it’s about $1800 a month.

kittybou
Reply to AlexT

Or, like me, not eat so many gummy bears!

aTraveler

One of the more important advancements in the medical profession is treating obesity as a sickness/illness instead of laziness and/or lack of will power. The fact is there are many reasons a person way be obese. Wegovy works by suppressing your appetite. It has also been proven in blind tests to lower the risk of strokes and heart attacks in people with coronary problems.

In college, my roommate would sometimes get bad grades in some of his classes. I was especially hard on him stating that he needed to study hard. I was of the belief that the poor performance was due to laziness and not putting in the effort. After graduating from college, I tutored at-risk youth, in grades 3 - 8, after I got off of work. While tutoring, I learned that kids learn differently and at different paces due to no lack of effort on their part. I finally realized that I wasn't as wise as I thought and I regretted disregarding my roommate's retorts that he was studying hard but he just wasn't getting it.

With this backdrop when I read in medical journals, that obesity was due to many reasons, I could grasp and understand that there was no one approach to losing weight.

Laurie, Wegovy does enable weight loss but it must be continued, if you stop the weight will return. You know what works and doesn't work for you. I pray that you are able to find something that works for you.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Nbmedic

I’m actually on the oral version right now. I had a bad accident with mold 3 years ago which lead to almost 2.5 years of systemic reactions leading to my body going nuts. Infections, reactive arthritis and a ton of pain. I’m sure my auto immune issues made it worse of course. 

After almost 12 months of straight anti fungal meds and antibiotics I gained 30 pounds. 

All of that is thankfully behind me but I want to get the weight off and got into a work out routine and was down 10 pounds only to tear my rotator cuff a few months ago  and couldn’t do any weight lifting. 

I was super scared of the side affects as mentioned before but finally decided the risk was worth it versus potential for diabetes, higher BP, cancer, heart issues etc. 

Im in week 3 and I love it! I’ve had very little nausea and a zofran took care of it. I’m just less hungry and had no issues with more diarrhea, in fact the opposite. I’m emptying my bag less as it’s thickened my output. 

Down 3 lbs in three weeks and I feel great. I went through Henry meds which is a compound pharmacy and saved a ton of money. 

Beachboy
Reply to

Only reason I survived my stomal medical adventure was because I was pleasantly plump.  Though my wife said I was a lard ass. 🤪

I lost 33% of my body weight in 2 months.  You can't do that if you're at an ideal weight.  Gotta have some extra gas in the tank.

Bertha
Reply to AlexT

In addition to all of these side effects, you also run the risk of getting Ozempic face. Long, horse-like features, a hollowed look to the face, sagging and aging of facial skin, and your teeth suddenly look too large for your mouth, plus your skin doesn't retract to what it was when you stop taking Ozempic. Um, not for me, thank you very much. Google it, Ozempic face is real. 

Redondo

I only have my small intestine and have read that these injections could freeze your intestine and possibly cause a blockage. I have been warned by my primary doctor, my GI, as well as Plastic Surgeon that I am not a candidate. I'd rather be fat than face another surgery and lose any of my small intestine.