Travel by Car

Replies
Views
spillman31

I am going to travel by car a distance of 600 miles mostly via interstate highway, and I am worried about finding places to drain my urostomy bag. Anyone have any hints on extending distances between bag drainings?

sweede

Hey Spillman31, ever thought about connecting it to a leg bag for the journey? Most leg bags hold as much as the overnight ones do.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vulcanBMk2
If you drive an automatic transmission, use your night bag. Shove it down your left trouser leg under the seat. You could then drive halfway around the world without problems! Also, emptying or changing the bag in private. I have a Jeep with dark tinted windows so no one can see in. Get on the back seat, empty the bag, leg bag, night bag into a large plastic pop bottle for disposal later at your leisure. If you are carrying rear passengers, just ask if they wouldn't mind stretching their legs for a minute. If your car doesn't have tints, either get a car with them (invest in your new way of life) or look in the Yellow Pages for window tinting companies. Get their advice on what shade you might require. Mine are Jeep Factory fit, believe they are 18%. Anyway, just some ideas!
lottagelady

Hi, the White Rose Collection has a 'Travel John' which may be useful? Have a lovely trip.........
Rachel x

http://www.whiterosecollection.com/acatalog/Accessories.html

Past Member

Well, one of my friends told me this: take an empty coffee can with you
and drain into that. A nurse also told me to get a good plastic baggy
and use that. I think I prefer the coffee can idea.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister