Reversal Coming Soon!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
tomdog372001

Good news!!

My doc just told me I can have my reversal surgery as soon as he can get it scheduled.

Best news yet!

What can I expect as far as side effects? Anyone?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

betrdanevr

I'll be interested in that also! Having an appointment with a new surgeon in two days (I moved to another state). Crossing fingers.

And good for you!!!!! Best of the best of luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

I spent six days in the hospital and was walking the same night as my reversal.

Yes, it was painful. The hole that was left to heal was very large, 6cm x 4cm and 4cm deep. It took weeks to heal.

I had no problem going to the toilet after. It was and will always be very acidic and of loose consistency.

The first tip I would give is: make sure you really want it and need a reversal. Don't rush into it.

The second is to eat well. The food and the time I eat will have dictated my life.

I was super fit when I went for my reversal and 28 years old.

The photo of the scar on my pictures is taken ten months after my reversal. The main long scar is two years old.

Make sure you are ready. It's not easy.

Samuel