Cymed Products

Replies
Views
Cappabarstar

Is there anyone else out there that has used or is using Cymed products? ;I have both a Urostomy and an ileostomy. I used to use both Hollister and Coloplast but would have constant leaks even when I doubled up on the barrier rings. Plus, I could always smell the odor from my ileostomy. My life was miserable and I didn't think I was ever going to leave the house. So I heard about a ostomy group at my local hospital, at the time I was living in AZ, and I went. Of course being 27 years old, I was the youngest one there and felt very out of place. Going to that meeting was the best thing I had ever done and to this day I thank God for giving me that push out of my comfort zone which at that time was my bed due to severe depression after my surgery. Anyways, the wound/ostomy nurse introduced me to Cymed products for both my Ostomy's. My life was literally changed from that point on! They are the best products ever! They move with and conform with your body! They have a charcoal filter that absolutely eliminates any odor. Because I have 2 Ostomies and want to be discreet, I use the pediatric size bag for my ileostomy(probably because I never allow stool to remain in there. As soon as I can get to a restroom, I eliminate the stool so my bag is always empty). For my urostomy, I use the 9" pouch. They have bigger and smaller but for me I feel that is the perfect size for a female. Another bag that I always empty when I get the chance! ;I believe you can wear the barrier rings for added protection with Cymed, but I'm telling you, you don't! ;You cut them to size. I use skin tac wipes before I put on the bags, but you don't have to. I will also use Nystatin powder (prescription) if I have a sore by my stoma, then I will lightly dab the skin tac wipes on over the Nystatin, let it dry, then hurry and place the bags on before urine starts to come out. I have absolutely no affiliation with Cymed but I'm amazed at how many people know absolutely nothing about their products. Even hospitals are amazed at how great they are when I show them. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!!

Bill

Heqllo Cappabarstar.

Thanks for this very informative post. I must admit that I have not heard of Cymed products but I will look  into them.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cappabarstar

You're welcome! I hope they work for you as well as they do for me!