Hotel Rooms - No Windows and Weak Fans? An Ostomy Challenge!

Replies
Views
NotDeadYet

So you're going to share a hotel room with a buddy or a few friends.

First of all, if your friends are close enough to you to share a room, y'all are close enough to discuss your colostomy and its potential issues. Do it.

So you have to do a bag change. Many hotel rooms have sealed windows, and many of the bathroom fans are useless. Here are the hotel tricks:

1) Let your friends know all about your bag, be last in the shower as they go down to breakfast, and if you're somewhere safe, prop the door to the hall open at least as long as you're in there.

2) Try to get a room with a balcony--lots of ventilation for late-night bag changes!

3) My BEST TRICK! Check in. Excuse yourself from your friends, and ride the elevator to the basement. There WILL be a bathroom there (often beside the gym). With no traffic.

So, during the course of your stay, dash out for a bag change in the basement bathroom via the elevator. Desk staff will never see you, friends know that you are working with a colostomy and need to chill.

I hope this helps for "Tips"!

Bill

Hello NotDeadYet.

Thanks for the tips as I've just booked my holiday break for early next year and need to be contemplating this sort of thing. 

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

spinbot

Just get the M9 Odor Eliminating drops. Figure out how much you need (I give it a couple shakes without squeezing). I had issues with the office I worked in; it had a bathroom with no ventilation and no windows that opened. The drops completely (100%) removed all odor. Even if you don't use them all the time or can't afford to use them all the time, get one bottle to use for special occasions. I have a small bottle I put a small amount in so that it fits in my pocket for when I am out.

NotDeadYet

Sold!