Dealing with Excessive Gas and a Colostomy Bag

Replies
Views
Hermit

Have colostomy. Two-piece bag! Have excessive gas! Watch what I eat and Beano doesn't work! Have to burp the bag constantly.

A_Stoma_By_Any_Other_Name

Have you discussed getting treatment for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) with your physician? It's usually what causes that and it can be rather painful too.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Wal-Mart sells a chewable gas control tablet... They work pretty well for me and are not expensive. If you cut out breads and grains from your diet, the gas will not be a problem. Are you a candidate for irrigation?

Hermit

Don't think so! Thanks

Hermit

Don't think so! Thanks

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Hermit

No, I haven't, but will now! Thanks

EAM

Hi, what brand bag are you using? I switched to the Coloplast Sensura Mio. In part because it has a good filter that doesn't plug up as often as some other brands, at least that has been my experience.

Good luck!

Hermit

Hi, I use 2-piece Convatec with the vent which stops up after day one. For some reason, having a lot of gas. Will try yours. Having to burp mine constantly. Tks!

Mykxman

I was given some liquid for lubrication to stop pancaking, instead it caused the bag to blow up like a balloon.
Coloplast Sensura Mio.